How to make the Two Bros exhaust more quiet

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. Some of you gents and ladies might have read my thread regarding the sale of my new Two Bros exhaust. Actually I don’t want to sell them and I should have asked my friends on the forum this question before decided to put them up for sale. I haven’t sold them yet so is it possible to quieten down the Two Bros exhaust? Keep in mind that I have installed the DB killers. Please help. I dont want to sell them...:(

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weird that you ask because I am still adjusting to the higher level of exhaust sound too. I been using my sound meter and have done some tests. I can say that the P1R's do not have any effect on the level at idle. I was too chicken to rev it on my driveway and have the neighbors come after me so I can't comment on their effectiveness at higher RPM. Having said that, I have returned my P1R's to Two Brothers for some P1's which they claim will help. The opening on the P1R's are 1.89" while the P1's have a 1.5". The smaller the port opening, the more reflection of sound within that will cancel some of the sound waves. I'm waiting so can't confirm the port size or effectiveness.

I took the exhaust out for a spin tonight and a buddy of mine said it sounded like a Honda Civic with big a$$ pipes on it. Not the comparison I was looking for. When I'm moving at 50kph and higher, the sound is not bad at all, and I wear ear plugs (no dB killers in at the moment).

Sorry, really not answering your question here.

bmccrary did mention repacking the canisters from this post...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/76815-post20.html

I'm not at that point yet but if the P1's don't perform, I might try reducing the opening by placing a disc in there. It would give more back pressure (similar to the stock exhaust) and provide even more wave cancelling.

Just my thoughts. I thought ADMIN mentioned that someone was doing the disc thing.

Hang in there, I'll hopefully get the new tips by the end of next week and will let you know how they work.

On the upside, the exhaust does look sweet. :thumbup:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weird that you ask because I am still adjusting to the higher level of exhaust sound too. I been using my sound meter and have done some tests. I can say that the P1R's do not have any effect on the level at idle. I was too chicken to rev it on my driveway and have the neighbors come after me so I can't comment on their effectiveness at higher RPM. Having said that, I have returned my P1R's to Two Brothers for some P1's which they claim will help. The opening on the P1R's are 1.89" while the P1's have a 1.5". The smaller the port opening, the more reflection of sound within that will cancel some of the sound waves. I'm waiting so can't confirm the port size or effectiveness.

I took the exhaust out for a spin tonight and a buddy of mine said it sounded like a Honda Civic with big a$$ pipes on it. Not the comparison I was looking for. When I'm moving at 50kph and higher, the sound is not bad at all, and I wear ear plugs (no dB killers in at the moment).

Sorry, really not answering your question here.

bmccrary did mention repacking the canisters from this post...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/76815-post20.html

I'm not at that point yet but if the P1's don't perform, I might try reducing the opening by placing a disc in there. It would give more back pressure (similar to the stock exhaust) and provide even more wave cancelling.

Just my thoughts. I thought ADMIN mentioned that someone was doing the disc thing.

Hang in there, I'll hopefully get the new tips by the end of next week and will let you know how they work.

On the upside, the exhaust does look sweet. :thumbup:

Thanks. They do look so sweat and I do not really want to sell them. What I have noticed that at about 4000rpm and up to 6000rpm they are not so loud. It's like they are "tuning in" at those rpm's. Actually I might try the disc thing as well. Thanks again...:thumbup:

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. They do look so sweat and I do not really want to sell them. What I have noticed that at about 4000rpm and up to 6000rpm they are not so loud. It's like they are "tuning in" at those rpm's. Actually I might try the disc thing as well. Thanks again...:thumbup:

In my honest opinion, If you really like them you should consider that you can find a way to reduce noise.

:thumbup:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my honest opinion, If you really like them you should consider that you can find a way to reduce noise.

:thumbup:

I am truly considering trying to find a way to reduce the noise ...Actually I'm going to put the sale on hold for now until I can test this...

MarcW

full throttle turd nugget
Reaction score
Visit site
i am awaiting my two brothers delivery this week hopefully :rockon: i got mine to be heard. there is not a day that i have not almost been hit because the stock FZ is so damn quiet. i am exited for the performance gains also, since my riding partner has a modded R1. :rolleyes: i say try the repack thing. that is gonna be one of the first things i do. packing is (relatively) cheap, and if it makes a huge difference, its worth it.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very easy solution:

potatoes.jpg

:eek:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If someone wanted to mail me a DB killer, I could design and machine one similar with a smaller size or different shape opening or even a removable extension tube/baffle that would stick partway down into the muffler much like the Scorpion DB killer.

I'd be willing to try and create something that works better for you guys, plus it would give me an incentive to get off my lazy butt and make my own custom db killer to fit in my Scorps since I've been wanting to experiment with it. Only thing is I'll have to drill a couple of holes in my tips and you guys with 2bros get to just unbolt you endcap. Oh well lol!

So, yea, I could make an initial couple of sets with different sizes/shapes to try out and see what happens and how it sounds and then maybe the extravogent crap can come later. Then someone can try them out or whatever and see what happens.

I'm sure that if there was a demand there would have to be a price that would need to be paid for material and shipping, but there would be no profit built in. Just enough money to cover the costs for materials and shipping which would all be very staight forward.

I guess if someone wanted to trust me with their precious db killer and give me some time to turn something out send me a PM and I'll give you an address to ship to.

MarcW

Reaction score
Visit site
just got mine installed today :rockon: i know what you are talking about. they are ALOT louder than my buddies R1 with full yoshimura Ti exaust.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yall have posted up my threads where I mentioned re-packing.

It will make a big difference. It dropped the DB a bit on a 7 inch can. Imagine what it can do for two cans that are even larger. Also there is a thick wrap around the core, almost looks like steel whool. We left that on in Josh's pipe, then put the FMF packing around it.

-bryan

MarcW

Reaction score
Visit site
one thing i have noticed. most of the exhaust, and sound, is originating from the right hand side (if you are on the bike) muffler because the way the Y pipe is fabricated. i think i'm gonna try repacking just the right hand muffler.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
If you do a repack please post photos. I have noticed how animals and cars seem to move out of the way with the 2bros, that has been a plus!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine the re-packing will likely be the most help. Personally, I bought the two bros for the looks AND because they had the best tone/sound. I don't find them obtrusively loud and I tend to wear ear plugs anyway. I can have a conversation at a red light with my brother on his stock FZ no problem, so how loud could they possibly be?!

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
If someone wanted to mail me a DB killer, I could design and machine one similar with a smaller size or different shape opening or even a removable extension tube/baffle that would stick partway down into the muffler much like the Scorpion DB killer.

I'd be willing to try and create something that works better for you guys, plus it would give me an incentive to get off my lazy butt and make my own custom db killer to fit in my Scorps since I've been wanting to experiment with it. Only thing is I'll have to drill a couple of holes in my tips and you guys with 2bros get to just unbolt you endcap. Oh well lol!

So, yea, I could make an initial couple of sets with different sizes/shapes to try out and see what happens and how it sounds and then maybe the extravogent crap can come later. Then someone can try them out or whatever and see what happens.

I'm sure that if there was a demand there would have to be a price that would need to be paid for material and shipping, but there would be no profit built in. Just enough money to cover the costs for materials and shipping which would all be very staight forward.

I guess if someone wanted to trust me with their precious db killer and give me some time to turn something out send me a PM and I'll give you an address to ship to.

PM me.. I will send you one.......

F

FZSex

I recently got mine (Thanks almighty admin!) and they are too loud for me and my neighbors. Ordered the DB killers and going to repack them.

Bike looks way better, no doubt.