How to carry a midsized dog on the FZ6

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
There's some guy at the local bike night here who brings his bulldog in riding on his tank. I assume they don't come from very far, though, but the dog has his own helmet and doggles and everything. Personally, I wouldn't want my canine buddy on the bike with me, but those carriers in the tail bag position seem to be the way to go.

BKKFZ6

Regular Joe
Reaction score
Visit site
How about this?;)

motorbikes-kohtao-dogride.jpg

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a mate Tex who takes his dog everywhere & is a bit of a celebrity over here. He leads the Barry Sheene memorial ride to Phillip Island for the MotoGP.

He currently rides an 08 Busa & his dog Bundy sits on the tank. He has a tank bra & 2 harness points. 1 is attached to the bike & the other is attached to Tex.

Keep in mind that his Mrs is a dog behavior expert & the dog is very well trained. She backs up her bum into the crook of his elbow as they speed up & is the quickest dog in Australia, officially timed at 280kmh Western Sydney International Dragway.

Bundy has her own leather jacket & doggles for safety reasons & is a very cool dog.

Tex & Bundy do a number of fund raising runs throughout the year & visit childrens hospitals & a number of other things raising money for charities.

Here is Tex with his old dog Cash who is no longer with us :(

[nomedia]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iDn_FAvk[/nomedia]

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe this thread is for real! That video is HILARIOUS but I do feel, with motorcycles as I strongly believe for auto drivers, that it is inherently a distraction to have your pet in your lap as you operate a vehicle. You have plenty to worry about without having your dog in the picture as well.

The video and pictures of the dogs w/ doggles are priceless though. :thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Friend of mine rode from Queensland to Tasmania with his Spaniel on the tank,old style leather flying helmet and goggles on her.She gripped on a sheepskin cover on the tank,she loved it and never tried to jump.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't do it myself, but only because I hate having a passenger of any type on my bike. Riding is more dangerous than driving/riding in a car and I simply don't want the responsibility.

I don't mind if other people do it though. This dog looks pretty happy. I snapped this last year at a BMW Octoberfest event. He had sort of a tank bag / doggie bed mounted on there.

DSC00142.jpg