How often do you wash your bike?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've now decided to put on the rain gear and head for the car wash;)

OHcrap!

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, tree sap will kill the paint and everything else for that matter. Comp Acces has a nelson rigg half cover for 26 bucks. I have one I put on mine everyday. Saves a lot of crap getting on it.

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone have any solution to remove a small boot scuffed mark on the passenger grab rail?

also does anyone notice any rust yest from rain or washing? just cuious as mine hasnt seen water yet (3 weeks old)...

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll give you all of my credits if you post a picture sitting on your bike in an automated car wash. That'd be so freaking awesome!:rockon:

I agree that'd be awsome (not to the credit part through) :thumbup:

I try to keep my windscreen clean, and wipe down the head lights after a long ride to keep the bugs off. I like to keep my tank clean and wipe off any gas that might have spilled when I finish (last couple drops) two shakes is ok right?
:eek: :D

Other than that, I haven't really done a big wash. other than riding in the rain.

-pd

usa35

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep a couple of spray bottles in my garage. One has a wash solution, one just water (for the windscreen and other uses.)

I just use towels and the spray bottles to give my fizzer a sponge bath every few days... Sometimes it's just bugs on the front end, sometimes all around.

Some day it may need a more serious wash, but the spongy method has kept it looking new for 6 months now.

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone have any solution to remove a small boot scuffed mark on the passenger grab rail?

also does anyone notice any rust yest from rain or washing? just cuious as mine hasnt seen water yet (3 weeks old)...

You can use a claybar to get the scuff mark off.

My bike is new too - i haven't washed it down with water. I've only wiped parts down with a damp rag to get the dust off. I don't intend to let my bike ever see rain, but I imagine at some point, it has to see water from a hose or at least a wet sponge.

How do you guys dry off the hard to reach places if you hose it down?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I just washed my bike for the first time this weekend. Bought it June 2nd. I waxed it fresh of the showroom floor and have wiped it down with detail spray and a microfiber cloth after every ride. When people see my bike, I am riding it. If I ride it, why should it have to look like I ride it?

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I've had mine since June of last year. I think I washed it sometime this year. Cant remember though.
It rains enough to keep it clean here, just have to remember to wipe off the watter spots once in a while.

Speaking of which, I need some good pants. Wet jeans are not fun.

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I just washed my bike for the first time this weekend. Bought it June 2nd. I waxed it fresh of the showroom floor and have wiped it down with detail spray and a microfiber cloth after every ride. When people see my bike, I am riding it. If I ride it, why should it have to look like I ride it?
Wow, you sound exactly like me.. because I did/do the same exact thing.

I like my rides clean and spotless.. otherwise, I don't enjoy riding them. I take care of my investments. :thumbup:

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, you sound exactly like me.. because I did/do the same exact thing.

I like my rides clean and spotless.. otherwise, I don't enjoy riding them. I take care of my investments. :thumbup:

I say take pride in your ride. I'm 38 and when 19 yr. old kids come up and tell me how "sick" my bike is, the fact that it's spotless has a lot to do with it. I bought the FZ mostly for pleasure, though. It's probably different if someone is using theirs mainly for commuting.

Last edited:

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I say take pride in your ride. I'm 38 and when 19 yr. old kids come up and tell me how "sick" my bike is, the fact that it's spotless has a lot to do with it. I bought the FZ mostly for pleasure, though. It's probably different if someone is using theirs mainly for commuting.
Same here...

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry to say I've been sloppy. But I just ordered a meguiar's wash mitt and gold class shampoo, so from here on out I'm gonna take good care of it :)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride every day, rain hail or shine and we're just coming out of winter here so washing has been happening at least once a week, but that will slow down a bit for summer:cheer:. Have to have my baby looking blue hot:thumbup:. Also dead bugs cause drag:eek:....LMAO.
Cheers
Mike

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
I say take pride in your ride. I'm 38 and when 19 yr. old kids come up and tell me how \"sick\" my bike is, the fact that it's spotless has a lot to do with it. I bought the FZ mostly for pleasure, though. It's probably different if someone is using theirs mainly for commuting.

After every ride I will touch it up, clean the bugs off, tend to things. Also try and fill up at the end of the ride so it is all ready the next time I ride. Since I ride for the pleasure of it and not for a commute I like my Black to Shine!!

Trina:cheer:

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
When it's dirty ;)

I guess every 3 weeks or so on average. I'll hose down the van, truck, and bike, and anything else within reach (including small children) and wash them all at once.

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When it's dirty ;)

I guess every 3 weeks or so on average. I'll hose down the van, truck, and bike, and anything else within reach (including small children) and wash them all at once.

Question is...Are they your children or are you just chasing your neighbors around with a hose?:spank::spank: