How not to transport a car from Germany to Kazakhstan!

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a video of the rather original, but not so successfull, attempt to transport a Mazda 626 from Germany to Kazakhstan (8600 kms):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGK005gVjHA&hd=1"]Mazda 626 inside Mercedes Sprinter[/ame]

They were stopped by the police, who noticed that the car was swerving while driving. They guys did not see what they did wrong... :rolleyes:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Since most of us reading that cannot understand the language...did they indicate how they got the car in there? :eek: hahahaha

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Since most of us reading that cannot understand the language...did they indicate how they got the car in there? :eek: hahahaha

According to the news article in Norway (where I am), their first idea was to just drive the car into the back of the Sprinter. As the Mazda is too wide, that obviously didn't work, so they somehow managed to tilt it sideways and slide it into the Sprinter on it's side, resting (undamaged!) on a maddrass.

The Mazda apparently wasn't secured at all inside the Sprinter, just resting on it's left side. Notice on the video that the front of the car is all the way in, between the two front seats (with the hood removed). :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not possible to rent a vehicle tow dolly there? I can do that in the US for about $40 for 24 hour rental and the car would be in one piece without a scratch.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not possible to rent a vehicle tow dolly there? I can do that in the US for about $40 for 24 hour rental and the car would be in one piece without a scratch.

Of course it is possible, but they were apparently on a budget and saving money. And I wouldn't like to drive 8600 kms back to Germany to return the tow dolly... :D

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site

My german is getting rusty, but I definately heard the work "Gabelstoppler" in there, which is "fork truck."