How much to sell Fz6 for?

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
To start, I figure I want to say I am NOT selling my fz6 (yet at least). But I have been dreaming of the Fz1 for a long while now. I am not prepared financially to en devour on this quest yet, however, I would like to know what to expect as far as how much I can get for my bike.

So, a few questions here. Blue book value (and it doesn't seem very specific to age, mileage, and condition) for the 08 fz6 is listed at 3,500$ USD. Is this a fair price to expect? Also, my bike has 25,000 miles on it, never laid down, always serviced.

I was also wondering if it would be more cost efficient to take some of my mods off (mainly swap my scorpion cans for the stock) and sell the mods seperately? Or would I expect to make more than $3,500 because of the mods I've done. Should I part out my mods after replacing them back to stock? Or keep them on?

Also, blue book valued the Fz1 at around 4,100$ (only 600$ more than the value of the Fz6!) I have been seeing fz1's on craigslist and at the local shop for between 3 and 5,000$ (USD) - which seems like a fair price.

So my conclusion is that if I sold my fz6 for a used fz1, I shouldn't have to thrown down more than 1 - 1,500$ - which is very reasonable.

I am trying to estimate how much this will cost me for the upgrade, so I can set a goal for myself and make my dream come true - in a reasonable amount of time.

Any other information or aspects I have not thought of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
As a recent FZ6 buyer, I would recommend you take the mods off and sell them separately. Potential buyers probably won't know what mods they will want, so they won't be willing to pay you top dollar for the mods.

It's a bigger hassle, of course, and it will take longer, but selling the mods separately will put the most total dollars in your pocket.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2003 FZ1 with 40000kms on, $8490 at a dealer in Midvale yesterday ......

Bloody Australian prices :rant:

Part out your bike - you get more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
To start, I figure I want to say I am NOT selling my fz6 (yet at least). But I have been dreaming of the Fz1 for a long while now. I am not prepared financially to en devour on this quest yet, however, I would like to know what to expect as far as how much I can get for my bike.

So, a few questions here. Blue book value (and it doesn't seem very specific to age, mileage, and condition) for the 08 fz6 is listed at 3,500$ USD. Is this a fair price to expect? Also, my bike has 25,000 miles on it, never laid down, always serviced.

I was also wondering if it would be more cost efficient to take some of my mods off (mainly swap my scorpion cans for the stock) and sell the mods seperately? Or would I expect to make more than $3,500 because of the mods I've done. Should I part out my mods after replacing them back to stock? Or keep them on?

Also, blue book valued the Fz1 at around 4,100$ (only 600$ more than the value of the Fz6!) I have been seeing fz1's on craigslist and at the local shop for between 3 and 5,000$ (USD) - which seems like a fair price.

So my conclusion is that if I sold my fz6 for a used fz1, I shouldn't have to thrown down more than 1 - 1,500$ - which is very reasonable.

I am trying to estimate how much this will cost me for the upgrade, so I can set a goal for myself and make my dream come true - in a reasonable amount of time.

Any other information or aspects I have not thought of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The numbers for both seem too low to me.
A clean `08 FZ6 with reasonably low mileage in my area would go in the $4300-$4700 range.
The FZ1 about $800-$1200 more, depending on mileage and condition.
Neither are easy to find.
If you can find a clean low mileage FZ1 for $4100, you better jump on it.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I would leave the mods on for now and when the time comes that you are ready to sell i would list 2 prices for the bike one w/mods and one with out. And explain the cost of the mods because you never know someone might come along and want it just the way it sits and be willing to pay extra since the work has aready been done

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I would leave the mods on for now and when the time comes that you are ready to sell i would list 2 prices for the bike one w/mods and one with out. And explain the cost of the mods because you never know someone might come along and want it just the way it sits and be willing to pay extra since the work has aready been done

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Worth a try this way. Personally, I'm only willing to add what I'd expect to pay, used, for only the parts *I* want. This means you'd probably end up getting a bit less with the mods on the bike than parting it out... but you're also not spending the time and energy taking the parts off and dealing with selling them individually.

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought and sold a few bikes. In my opinion, you will get more from the sale if you sell the mods separately. If they are the right mods, they will sell quicker than the bike. Advertise them on here and other bike forums you subscribe to. Good luck!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
One Meeeeeelion Dollars....
sorry...:spank:
Ones around where i'm at seem to go 3-4k with <5000 miles on em

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hugely depends on your location, best is to check the local classifieds for an idea on price. Here in Toronto, your bike would likely go for about $5-6k, but bikes are ridiculously overpriced here.

For instance, I bought my '06 in June '07 for $6200 with 4k km on it, I still see '06 FZ6's up for sale for around $5000 with many more km's. Just checked, there is an '06 with 20k km on it asking $5400. People just don't believe in depreciation here.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike was laid down and has a dented tank. Therefore, I would not consider it a benchmark.

I disagree. Its running, complete, stock with 5000 miles. Certainly not a perfect vehicle but it did sell in only 5 days so somebody thought the price matched the quality.

Back to the OP: For reference, used FZs go for $2500-$4000 in SoCal. Your base of $3500 is well thought out.

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Im with a couple of these guys. Sell mods seperate. I already have someone offering a decent chunk for my Two-Brothers exhaust. I have been watching the selling trends over the past year and they are not good for the seller. With the economy the way it is, people are not buying "luxury" items. Most bikes I have been following online that were for sale, are not going for book. In fact, they are going for substantially less. I was going to sell mine, but I don't want to lose my ass on it.

Good luck.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone actually buying in your area?

Reason I asked is I listed mine locally for bluebook and got zero response. Not one.

Tried listing at widley varying prices from $2000 under to $2000 over book price, in different. Locations and still zero response. My drz got more bites but only from low ballers.