How much to convert?

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have zero mechanical sills. Assuming I was to pay a professional to covert my FZ6 to an FZ6-N how much labor costs are we talking?

I think the kits run ~$850?

Not seriously considering it but very curious. The FZ6-N is far better looking in my opinion.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have zero mechanical sills. Assuming I was to pay a professional to covert my FZ6 to an FZ6-N how much labor costs are we talking?

I think the kits run ~$850?

Not seriously considering it but very curious. The FZ6-N is far better looking in my opinion.

My kit which Nubz helps market cost around $300 + shipping and comes with everything you need to install and you dont even have to buy a single bolt...
The kit is practically plug 'n' play and comes with detailed instructions... The instructions are very simple and you dont even have to drill a tiny hole..

DSC_0143.jpg

33979-post-your-fz6n-pics-vs1.jpg

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
My kit which Nubz helps market cost around $300 + shipping and comes with everything you need to install and you dont even have to buy a single bolt...
The kit is practically plug 'n' play and comes with detailed instructions... The instructions are very simple and you dont even have to drill a tiny hole..

Do you have a link for me? :)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to stop looking at street fighter photos...:spank:

The more I look, the more I think I'ld like to have one...:drool:

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The pics in the first post are for VS-2.
The pics below are for VS-1.
The only difference is SHAPE OF FAIRINGS

photo0111l.jpg

1010077v.jpg

1010075.jpg

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
This kit is well worth the money. it cost me $317 with the shipping. I ended up selling my oem mirrors, puig windscreen, and the fairing stay on this forum. Overall it only cost me $161 after you subtract the profits from those parts.

Very simple to install, I personally put up a thread with some instructions to make kit fit together perfectly.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Buell conversion goes for 200$. With the mirrors, brackets, speedo mount and all the nuts and bolts considered its probably more like 300$ ..and I am no mechanic either but this is totally doable. If you wanna save cash on the mounting you just need a proper toolkit and time to figure this out. Dont go in without a strategy and you should be fine. You can always ask a friend or a fellow local forum member to help you.

Last edited:

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
Buell conversion goes for 200$. With the mirrors, brackets, speedo mount and all the nuts and bolts considered its probably more like 300$ ..and I am no mechanic either but this is totally doable. If you wanna save cash on the mounting you just need a proper toolkit and time to figure this out. Dont go in without a strategy and you should be fine. You can always ask a friend or a fellow local forum member to help you.

What is the Buell conversion?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that vs2 kit is seriously sexy. I really want to get it but i'm a little averse to modding the bike just yet. I feel like i should just get it now and install it later this seems like something that will not be available if i wait too long.

i'm also interested to know what was changed to make it fit the fz6

With all the feedback and inputs from forum members I am continuously changing/adding things to the kit and it is now mechanically direct plug' 'n' play and requires absolutely no mechanical modifications.