How much have you spent on mods?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! I didn't think to consider gear. :eek: I was thinking pure mods ie: exhaust, windscreens, rearsets, PCIIIs, bags, etc. I also wasn't considering maintenace/consumable items such as tires, filters, oil, etc.

Regardless, post whatever you wish! :thumbup:

What is interesting so far is the bell curve that is developing. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect on the distrobution.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! I didn't think to consider gear. :eek: I was thinking pure mods ie: exhaust, windscreens, rearsets, PCIIIs, bags, etc. I also wasn't considering maintenace/consumable items such as tires, filters, oil, etc.

Regardless, post whatever you wish! :thumbup:

What is interesting so far is the bell curve that is developing. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect on the distrobution.

Yep, gear is another $$$$$ burner all in itself....have spent at least $3000 on gear in last couple of years...Sidi Boots, Carbon Helmet, Fibreglass helmet, gloves, gloves, inner gloves, thermals, leathers, etc, etc.....oh the addiction is complete....:eek:

I wonder how mny of us are in denial.....as to the real total figure, sometimes guesstimates can be quite deceiving, like forgetting that you spent x amount of dollars on something you dont look at often, like a well stashed speedohealer, etc....:eek:

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't spent that much yet... just YET! now without a job and the situation not being really good... But I will get there! I will! LOL (I think is just something you can't control)

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I just calculated my total I want to spend in the next two years... I'm not married but the total was so high I had to pick the spouse option. I suppose being a poor student I have only one option, time to whore my bike out!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is funny when people ask me about the mileage I get. When I respond, 45, they all go, "Wow, you really save a lot of money." I just laugh to myself.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ Boy that is the truth! I'd guess this year I've spent about $14,000 all together; bike, mods, gear, tools, insurance, bags/covers, etc.

Even at $4.00 a gallon I could have bought 3500 gallons of fuel!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek::eek::eek::eek: I hate you for starting this thread...:D just trying to sum the whole of it up...around EUR11,500 :( A year and a half....

EDIT: Not counting the latest mods. (oxford grips, oso2k setback plates etc)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$10000 on mods, $3500 on gear, and consumables in last six months! :eek:

Still got plans for more, but would you believe i have just started my other project, restoring my beloved Ducati Pantah 500 to it's former glory...Lol! there is just no saving some of us from our obsessions!

Still i dont do drugs, spend little on alcohol, dont gamble, and am devoted to my kids wholeheartedly...so my obsession with bikes could be something else a lot more destructive!

Funny thing is, i have about 5 mates who are all just as obsessed! we live for our bikes away from work and the spare time we get from being with our families....

I look at it like this, could of spent $20000 on getting a ready made Beast....but i am quite happy to have sepnt the same on my FZ, as i know that i have got a lot more fulfillment from making it "my bike", rather than buying a generic "superbike" which does not need, or want for much in the way of improvements...plus the FZ6 motor is a stonker, and worth building the rest around it...thankyou, Mr Yamaha!

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's see.... Yammie comfort seat, Puig, lower cowl, FE kit, some wiring, racetech springs, sliders some paint.... all comes to about $800.00... It certainly adds up fast!

*Edit* Did you mean luggage too? there's another $150 or so, so I'm still in the $500 - $1000 range, but barely!

foot pegs to:thumbup: LOL

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$9500 Daytona \\"mod\\"?

Considering that the FZ got me into riding, I would say that I would have never picked up the Daytona if it hadn't been for the fizzer.

IMG_0934.jpg

T

TheVmaxrider

Even though I don't own an FZ6, though I do get to borrow Steph's on occasion, this thread forced me to add up my mods. By April I will have one of the very few $30k+ 1997 Vmax's in existance.:eek: One good thing is that Steph will be moving up the list too shortly once I get her exhaust, fender eliminator, and PCIII installed. :thumbup: Won't feel quite so bad:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I don't own an FZ6, though I do get to borrow Steph's on occasion, this thread forced me to add up my mods. By April I will have one of the very few $30k+ 1997 Vmax's in existance.:eek: One good thing is that Steph will be moving up the list too shortly once I get her exhaust, fender eliminator, and PCIII installed. :thumbup: Won't feel quite so bad:rolleyes:

Now i bet that is one hell of a Vmax! They are fantastic to start with....love your work, great bike to customise,it's just lumping more street cred, onto a bike with enormous street cred already, when you mod one of those! :rockon:

I bet you get lots of nice words when you pull up places.

:thumbup:

T

TheVmaxrider

Now i bet that is one hell of a Vmax! They are fantastic to start with....love your work, great bike to customise,it's just lumping more street cred, onto a bike with enormous street cred already, when you mod one of those! :rockon:

I bet you get lots of nice words when you pull up places.

:thumbup:

It does draw a lot of stares and finger pointing. Of course that might be because the ground shakes, children hold their ears, and granny's shake their fingers at me because it is a wee bit loud. Not that obscene rusted out Pinto exhaust noise, but instead is a chest thumping roar:rockon: Steph can hear me coming from quite the distance when I am headed home LOL. :thumbup:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You forgot speedohealer, angeleyes (blue), blue chain, r6 fork swap, rim stickers, tires, heated grips, new helmet, new pants and jacket....If I can think of anything else, I'll let ya know :thumbup: