How many people here are pilots?

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
How many people here are pilots (Aircraft) either for fun or by profession and have a FZ6? Who do you fly for and show us some pics....:)

I started the question so, I go first. I fly Captain on a Hawker 800XP, Medium Biz Jet, for a major Fractional Ownership in the U.S. I've been a professional pilot for about 10 years. I keep my Flight Instructor License and Ratings current. I am glad to have a job right now.

Here is a good pic of a Hawker800. I did a contract job where we took a plane from Atlanta, GA to Budapest Hungary. I helped crew this aircraft for about 3 weeks. This is us landing in the Isle of Man.

View attachment 14496

View attachment 14497

View attachment 14498

W

wrightme43

Not but it is one of my major life goals. I know it doesnt count but I want to fly so freaking bad. I just need the money to get my lic and training.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Not but it is one of my major life goals. I know it doesnt count but I want to fly so freaking bad. I just need the money to get my lic and training.

When you decide to go for it, here are some recomendations:

1. Have all the money saved up prior to starting. I'm guessing around $8K. I've heard too many start and never finish.

2. Put together a schedule that you can fly no less than 3 times a week 4-5 is even better.

3. If you are not getting along with a Flight Instructor, find another one.

4. Depending on where one lives, pick a season that has good weather.

It should take no more than 3 mos obtaining a Private Pilot License and I have seen people get it a lot quicker.

It's a horrible time but it your looking at a possible career? Go too:

http://www.atpflightschool.com/

This is where I went after aquiring my Private Pilot License. If I had it to do over again, I would go to the same place. It's very accelerated and is the best bang for the buck.

Hope this helps.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently passed my Commercial Checkride i also have my instrument rating.....i attend college at southeastern oklahoma state university, im working on my CFI and will have my CFI, CFII, and multi by Dec.

Im afraid that im not going to be able find anything in a way of a job when i grad in december....but i love aviation and im praying the economy turns around soon.

Piratejeff

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently employed as a Captain on a Citation VII for a company out of Jackson, TN while I am on furlough from American Airlines (ex TWA). Awesome job and love going to work everyday. I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or so.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I started at 13 in a friends Aeronca Champ, at 14 I started to get my ultralight permit, wich is closer to the sport pilot rating in the states.
After my tour, it's either buying a house (the mature, logical rational thing to do) or I'm building myself a zenair 601 with a rebuilt corvair motor as a power plant... But that might just be my retirement goal, I already have no time with the FZ6 to ride and a full Motocross racing schedule

lmarti001

AirBorne!
Reaction score
Visit site
Commercial- Rotorcraft- Helicopter
Instrument- Rotorcraft Helicopter
Private- Airplane- Single Engine Land

Graduate from the University of North Dakota Army ROTC Helicopter Flight Training Program- flyrotc.com

Branched Aviation in the US Army!

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently passed my Commercial Checkride i also have my instrument rating.....i attend college at southeastern oklahoma state university, im working on my CFI and will have my CFI, CFII, and multi by Dec.

youngGun!

I hope and pray it does too. Keep your head up and keep plugging away. There are jobs out there in Aviation but very hard to get. The name of the game is networking. Keep in touch and let me know if I can help in any way; [email protected]

Currently employed as a Captain on a Citation VII for a company out of Jackson, TN while I am on furlough from American Airlines (ex TWA). Awesome job and love going to work everyday. I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or so.

Jeff, glad you got constant work while on Furlough. The VII is one of the few Slowtations that don't deserve that name. That's not a bad ride. Awesome Baggage space compared to the plane I fly.

Commercial- Rotorcraft- Helicopter
Instrument- Rotorcraft Helicopter
Private- Airplane- Single Engine Land

Graduate from the University of North Dakota Army ROTC Helicopter Flight Training Program- flyrotc.com

Branched Aviation in the US Army!

:bow: :bow: :bow: - YOU are the man. I have always wanted to get my Rotorcraft Rating. THANK YOU for your service in the Army!!!!!!!

lmarti001

AirBorne!
Reaction score
Visit site
Some flying pics.

Did my private Airplane is a C172
Private and Commercial Helo in an H300
Helo Instrument in a Bell206

And last but not least...motorcycle on the FZ6!!!!!!!!!!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, that counts. I should have said pilot or in Aviation.

Well if it's aviation, then throw me in the mix. I work for a helicopter company with a fleet of 18 Eurocopters. I'm one of the people who makes sure that we have all the parts available for our mechanics so that the aircraft stays flying. Nothing worse than being AOG due to no parts, or timed out components. Our hangar is on the grounds of the Las Vegas Airport, and we are next to the General Dynamics Service Center so I see a lot of the corporate jets like the G4's and 5's, CitationV ( sexy looking jet ) and your Hawkers on a daily basis. Plus our FBO handles all the executive jets too. Plus Netjets is huge here in Vegas.

Pretty lucky our company has pass agreements with about 10 different airlines, so I can fly for free on a standby basis anytime to just about anywhere in the U.S and to many countries.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Well if it's aviation, then throw me in the mix. I work for a helicopter company with a fleet of 18 Eurocopters. I'm one of the people who makes sure that we have all the parts available for our mechanics so that the aircraft stays flying. Nothing worse than being AOG due to no parts, or timed out components. Our hangar is on the grounds of the Las Vegas Airport, and we are next to the General Dynamics Service Center so I see a lot of the corporate jets like the G4's and 5's, CitationV ( sexy looking jet ) and your Hawkers on a daily basis. Plus our FBO handles all the executive jets too. Plus Netjets is huge here in Vegas.

Pretty lucky our company has pass agreements with about 10 different airlines, so I can fly for free on a standby basis anytime to just about anywhere in the U.S and to many countries.

I've been to Vegas a million times. I'm actually in Phoenix right now. Tomorrow is my go home day. We work 8 day on and 7 off. Netjets, huh? I work for Flight Options. I've been there for over 9 years. They have furloughed over 200 pilots in 4 mos.

That is a pretty good travel perk.

Your ride your Fazer to work a lot? Maybe I can stop by and say hello sometime...:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been to Vegas a million times. I'm actually in Phoenix right now. Tomorrow is my go home day. We work 8 day on and 7 off. Netjets, huh? I work for Flight Options. I've been there for over 9 years. They have furloughed over 200 pilots in 4 mos.

That is a pretty good travel perk.

Your ride your Fazer to work a lot? Maybe I can stop by and say hello sometime...:)

I ride everyday since my Fizzer is my only ride. Next time you fly into LAS, stop by. Even though Flight Options is under Atlantic's FBO, they're courtesy vehicle can give you a ride to where I work, which is right next to GD. Still on the westside of the airport, and you probably have seen our ramp, as you take off and land on 1L or 19R.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I soloed in sailplanes about fifteen years ago. Trained on a Schweitzer 2-33, then soloed in a Blanic L-17 (I think that's correct.) Flew a couple of hops in a Schweitzer 1-26 as well. That was a fun little plane.

I passed the FAA written, but had to go off to college before I took the practical. I never got back to it. It's one of the items on my "unfinished business" list that I'll get back to one day.

I love sailplanes. They're loads of fun, and frankly, a much more pure form of flying than powered aircraft. (I've been flying in private planes since before I was toilet trained, so I can make this statement with some authority.)

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Well if it's aviation, then throw me in the mix. I work for a helicopter company with a fleet of 18 Eurocopters.

Thats awesome! Me and a mate who works for Eurocopter here in Sydney Australia are heading to vegas in May, we'll have to wave when we head into the airport :D

I love going into the hanger and checking out all the squirrels and other good bits of kit, the police and national park choppers are especially cool.

I also have a blue Fz!

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I started working towards my Private when I was in highschool. Started in a 152 and then a 172, have about 30 hours total. Unfortunately I got really busy and didn't finish before I graduated and then got even busier with college. Now with the economy down it's not to feasible to resume right now either. Flying is a very expensive hobby. I do someday hope to go back and finish.

I actually started flying in about 6th grade with a neighbor who has a 177RG. He'd take me up almost every weekend and let me fly once we were in the air. That's what got me interested.

mackbolan

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Private for 3 1/2 years now. Wife said I needed a hobby one day. :) took a couple lessons in a 152 then a 172 down in VA flying out of the wonderful ADIZ there. Only had my solo x-countries to finish but then moved and finished up in a Diamond Star here in Sparta MI. Which I like much better than the 172's I was renting. I'm not flying for anyone just for fun at least for now. I've had the FZ6 for 2 full riding seasons so far and it's working out great.

CooperFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
PPL here, and I've had it for almost 30 years. Unfortunately, I've only got about 300+ hours TT, mostly in C-152's but some time in C-172. I did do a trip from Edmonton to Whitehorse in a 172, which was amazing! I'd love to do the same trip on a bike. So may other things to do, though, and so little time and money. I'm hoping to build an ultralight in a few years - again, time and money permitting. As an engineer, I sell aircraft hardware, so I get to spend some of time around some pretty cool airplanes. Not enough time flying though! When the weathers good, I like to jump on my bike, drive to the airport, go for a 1 hour flight, then, ride home. That's a great afternoon.