How many of you experience ticking from the engine?

Yes , my model 2008, does have a ticking noise at around 2500REVS, and after the dealer replaced all the valves i started to notice this noise and worried that something will happen again i@ve question the dealear about it and told me that for the bike it is normal, so i left with doubts, but after reading this post i start to belive him a bit more.

I have an 04
There is a definite growling noise... It gets louder and higher pitched as the RPMs go up its a beautiful Howl when I get above 10K RPMs...

We ride Bikes not sewing machines... :eek::eek::eek:

A tick bit me once. Does that count?

Fred

P.S. It's the injectors. They're supposed to tick. Although some click instead.

I love the way this motor lights up with all its ticks, buzzing, and howling. The japanese know what the hell they're doing. There's almost a hundred horses below your crotch!

I have an 08 with 16000 miles on it and I just noticed a very faint ticking at idle yesterday. After reading this post, I don't think I'll worry about it.

Sometimes at idle, then it goes away, always makes me check the oil, it's always fine.
Sounds like it is higher up in the motor, like valves clicking, Never when I rev so I don't worry, the FZ6 engine is a sweet thing, 12-13k rpm mmmmmmm.

I sometimes get it, also sometimes hear the fuel injection kind of straining when the bike comes on. I think thats caused by crappy fuel (and I only buy from specific places to be careful too)
Some days the bike runs well, some days it doesn't, on the not so good days this and other issues are noticeable. I think its when she wants to be ridden hard, I'm always happy to oblige.

Back