How long to sell a FZ6?

jpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't had it long but approval (!) given ( reluctantly) for upgrade. 2007 (S2) Australian delivered with 29500 km. Ohlins, LV,FZ1 bars etc and reasonably priced. Placed it on three online sites and have had quite a few views but no nibbles.OK, it hasn't been long but with other things I've sold , it's taken a very short period of time.
How long did it take people to sell their FZ?
If anyone cares to look at the ads/price and advise whether I'm dreaming or not, please feel free.
2007 Yamaha FZ6N

2007 Yamaha FZ6N must sell | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Marrickville Area - Stanmore | 1083199588

thanks!

AdrianB1

Reaction score
Visit site
It always depends on the price, description and pictures. In your case the price seems ridiculous (no offence intended): I bought my 2011 S2 brand new for just $1,000 more (including about $1,500 in taxes) , so right now my bike with 19.500 km is worth less on the local market than you are asking for yours.

A rule of thumb is that 99% of the potential buyers don't care about the uncommon extra's and they are not willing to pay for it. The only extras that bring some money around here are top cases and for some bike, side cases.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
It always depends on the price, description and pictures. In your case the price seems ridiculous (no offence intended): I bought my 2011 S2 brand new for just $1,000 more (including about $1,500 in taxes) , so right now my bike with 19.500 km is worth less on the local market than you are asking for yours.

A rule of thumb is that 99% of the potential buyers don't care about the uncommon extra's and they are not willing to pay for it. The only extras that bring some money around here are top cases and for some bike, side cases.

I thought about the price, but 4899 Australian Dollars is equal to 3643 USD as of today, which is a good price, with upgrades vs miles and after seeing the word negotiable.
Anyway, how many people are fond of Fz6 in that area also matters along with competition of similar sellers.
This will be lots of effort, but If he could strip off most of the mods (exhaust, luggage boxes and racks) and sell them separately, will make some money and the bike could be posted for some more less price.

People often come to this site after buying an FZ6, If it wasn't the case for me, I would've waited a couple more weeks, where I can get a similar bike with all the mods I needed, for similar price of what I've paid for my stock.

AdrianB1

Reaction score
Visit site
3,600 US dollars is a fair price for the bike, but 2 previous owners and lots of "race-type" changes or additions to the bike are scaring buyers that will ask themselves "was this bike hard-ridden on the track? who needs this modifications for decent street ride?". There is no way to know how many track days a bike has, so if you put all together you kind of stay away.

I am in this position because I am looking to buy a bike for my cousin and in the past 2 months I saw dozens of bikes, all in a much worse shape than the sell announcements and the pictures. I am not considering any more any non-stock bike and I am no longer considering bikes older than 7-8 years - guess why?

WI_Webster

Reaction score
Visit site
As a person who just bought an '07 with 33k miles here in the US I can add my opinion. I had a couple options between a higher miles bike with no mods and a lower miles bike that was 2 years newer with mods and only 8k miles but $1,500 more. I went with the no mod '07 bike for the reason AdrianB1 mentioned; I was just unsure of the mods and what the impact would be on the bike itself. The FZ6 is a good platform and for me I wanted to get that base experience and make it my own. So far so good, but mine isn't even a week old :)

Every market can be a little different though so it depends on what people are really looking for - including new versus experienced riders. Overall it seems like a good package, but it is always tough getting your money back from mods.

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
did you ever consider re-shooting the pictures? They seem odd to my eye. Dry it off and find a better backdrop for your photo shoot. A picture is worth a thousand words my friend - good luck!

jpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
did you ever consider re-shooting the pictures? They seem odd to my eye. Dry it off and find a better backdrop for your photo shoot. A picture is worth a thousand words my friend - good luck!

thanks. our market is pretty different to the US and clearly Romania. comparing the others on the market, mine is well proced for what you get. i only bought the fz6 because it had the Ohlins bling! i'll just wait for another me to come along ! i wont be taking anything off it as i dont have the original shock. it certainly wont be the end of the world if she stays!
Edit: 9th July: just traded it on a 2011 Hypermotard EVO Sp.

Last edited: