how long reserve fuel can move FZ6

ir_nazri_bpms

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I own FZ6 2006..who know..since warning fuel blinking & start counting km...how long it still can moving until stop(totally empty fuel)...

Nazri Brunei Darussalam

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
When i see reserve, i fill :D

I work in kilos and litres, but here's my story:

Ave: 300 kilos per tank.
From empty to full: usually round 15 litres
Ave: 20km/l
Fazer tank = 19.4l
ergo 4 litres in reserve
equals 80km

peace

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
Here we go with another one :shakehead: 2 in one day :steve: :BLAA:

Yeah, but it was Nazri's first post...
I think what Humps was trying to say is that there is an awesome search pulldown tool that you can use to determine if a question or topic has been covered before. :thumbup:

ir_nazri_bpms

Reaction score
Visit site
yesterday..since mine blinking..i filled up full tank..reach 16.6liter...meter indicate 10km(distance travel using reserve) ...mean my reserve at that time is 19.4-16.6=2.8 liter....its equal to 56km....

56+10= 66km

FZ6 may run up to 66km since warning sign blinking...is'n it...

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure how accurate is the fuel indicator,i top up 15l of fuel when the fuel indicator started flashing(2008) instead of the stated 15.8L.I would suggest use your mileage as an estimation and don't push your luck too far out.:BLAA:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I don't recall responding to any of the other threads, I'll toss my 2cp in from experience. I'm going to be lazy and neglect to convert to km's tho. I beg your pardon in advance.

The other day I stretched my reserve a bit too far. 38 miles and some odd tenths on reserve she started sputtering on me so I hit the kill switch and pushed her a couple hundred yards to the station. Sadly, no one even honked at me. To add a lil insult to injury, I got it all on video as well. Once I find a way to edit the video or break down and buy QuickTime Pro, I'll throw it up on YouTube for you all to laugh at and enjoy :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I never let my bike get more than 45km's on reserve....i have run out of juice at 60km on reserve....

I run the bike on reserve all the time, for commuting....i like the bike when it is "light".....20 litres of petrol makes a big difference in how the bike handles!

:thumbup:

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
I never let my bike get more than 45km's on reserve....i have run out of juice at 60km on reserve....

I run the bike on reserve all the time, for commuting....i like the bike when it is "light".....20 litres of petrol makes a big difference in how the bike handles!

This is where we have the advantage, we only have to put 3 or 4 gallons in, way smaller number than 20. ;)

Personally I've run it up to 24km riding through mountains before I found a gas station. Clearly she had more to give, but that was the last time I'd seen a gas station was 64km earlier and I was starting to get a little nervous.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys and your silly metric system....lol

I can get about 130-150 miles before reserve kicks on then its either time to fill up or pray I can get to one within 20-30 miles!

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
I get about 400 furlongs/gallon, so I try not to ride further than say 200 furlongs after the reserve trip meter kicks on.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thats like a 44.1lb(ish) difference while running in the reserve. That would make a pretty big difference in handling. :thumbup:

I have run my '05 FZ6 to 43kms in the reserve. Then I chickened out and filled her. I have had to push my bike home with a bad battery before, and it wasn't fun... I don't want to have to do it again for fuel, lol. :D

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys and your silly metric system....lol

I can get about 130-150 miles before reserve kicks on then its either time to fill up or pray I can get to one within 20-30 miles!

Finally a post in MILES :rockon:

I get about the same here