How long does it takes to...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say between 2 hours and "impossible", based on your mechanical ability.

Not kidding. Add more time if you have aftermarket exhaust.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

^^ what Eric said. took me about 2 hours total, and i'm not a mechanic, but know enough to be dangerous.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Install Givi PLX360/351 and E41 side cases with blinker relocation?

In beers or time? :D

Erci hit the nail right on the head. If you think it'll take 2-4 hours...block off 6. While the setup is completely worth it in the end, I'd never dream of trying to take it back off and sell it separately if I ever sold the bike. What a PITA!

Oh, and as always...be careful not to drop the frame plug down into the frame (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it). That's a standard warning I give everyone installing a Givi topcase rack...lol.

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it sounds like 2hours which is 2-6 beers depending on frustration level for me! Thanks. Sounds like a Saturday morning job to me. At this point, anything to get rid of a box.

On a side note, I was surprised how thin the boxes were. Any fab required, or straight bolt on?

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm half done and frankly, this couldn't have been said better. To clarify, it is not the installer's or Yamaha's fault. Givi really needs to rethink the RR mount. The joint is soft to the pipe. There is no clear tightening line to the lower bolts, causing unexperienced people to crossthread their bolts(not me).

Wish me luck finishing in the next 30 min!!!

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
There is no clear tightening line to the lower bolts, causing unexperienced people to crossthread their bolts(not me).

Wish me luck finishing in the next 30 min!!!

This is probably too late for you, but I got those lower bolts tight by making a custom tool. Take a spare allen wrench and cut the short side off so there is only just enough left to insert into the bolt head. When finished, put that tool in your tool kit. Givi should include such a tool and/or re-design that mounting point to give better access. Since the FZ6 is discontinued, I doubt there will be any re-design.