How do you keep your Jacket/Pants clean?

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
The question is quite simple: How do you keep your Jacket, Pants also Helmet and gloves clean?
I never ride without them, problem is on warm days you just can´t help the sweat and the smell is just terrible the other day. My trick is to turn the jacket and pants inside out as use a spray that promises to remove the odor, but it´s not quite doing the job.
Sending it to the cleaning every time you ride is not an option, so, what is your advice?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does your helmet have a removable lining? If so, handwash in some soapy water, rinse well and leave to dry.

As for the rest, try bi-carb soda. Sprinkle liberally then leave out to air. It should help remove odours.

It's all I can think that will help you.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for he jacket and pant.. i find riding in the rain a bit helps to keep them clean.. as for the helmet.. it doesnt smell sooo.. :)

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Helmet with liner is definetly + 1 washed every other month during summer
Jacket & pants are same thing you can wash them and hang it dry..:thumbup:
Now you have reason for back up gear....:BLAA:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WTF is clean ???

Biker gear being clean !!!!!!!!!!

Clean???...is this sort of related to OZs question of the day?

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I do clean my helmet lining. But I have 4 helmets so they don`t get cleaned that often.

Steve

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Textile gear is much easier to clean than leather. Mine makes a trip into the washing machine on gentle about once a year. Drip dried after that.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
buy gear that has better ventilation, shouldnt have to sweat that much. for the inside hand wash with mild soap and use leather conditioner on the outside, unless textile then wash on mild setting, same with pants. which reminds me i need to go clean mine for next season

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just pull out the pads in both my jackets as well as pants and wash them on the gentle cycle and air dry them. The white on my jacket just doesn't seem to get as white as it once was though...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not only should you choose your gear carefully based on the protection it will provide you,..............but how easily it can be washed or cleaned. Helmet liners in particular.

As mentioned textile gear can be washed very easily versus leather. And remember, everytime leather gets wet, it loses it's strength over a period of time.

I am using more & more Kevlar. My Kevlar Gloves purchased from Motoport gets washed all the time, and it never loses it's strength. It's guaranteed to last as long as you own it. How many gloves have you gone through? Same goes for the rest of their stuff. All machine washable.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
It's also worth mentioning that front loading washers are much much easiser on the gear than top loaders. Just being tumbelled is in soapy water and rinsed thoroughly is enough to make the gear much more presentable.

The agitator can damage the fabric, if it rubs in one spot long enough........