Eric, now what look what you have made me do...

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, now look what you have made me do...

On our last ride together we started talking about heated gear and how comfortably warm and fuzzy you felt riding in your heated jacket and gloves.

Well it got to me lol. I just pulled the trigger on heated gloves, jacket and pants from Tourmaster.

Now I can be warm and fuzzy too!:rockon:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Eric, now look what you have made me do...

On our last ride together we started talking about heated gear and how comfortably warm and fuzzy you felt riding in your heated jacket and gloves.

Well it got to me lol. I just pulled the trigger on heated gloves, jacket and pants from Tourmaster.

Not cheap, but well worth the investment! It's so nice not having 17 layers on and feeling like the Michelin man. Bulky gloves take a bit of time getting used to, but bulky is better than frozen!

Now, your season will only be limited by ice and snow. :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Oooooh. Sounds nice! I know that I am a better rider when my gear fits right and is weather appropriate. On my summer trip, I had "3-season" gear and I needed each layer at some point along my route.

Only one thing missing from your post…:D

:needpics:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Oooooh. Sounds nice! I know that I am a better rider when my gear fits right and is weather appropriate. On my summer trip, I had "3-season" gear and I needed each layer at some point along my route.

My Widder heated vest, gaunlet gloves and variable controller:

(plugs into the outlet on the left side of the bike, just forward of the left pillion peg assembly)

Click again after the picture is open to enlarge further.

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Not cheap, but well worth the investment! It's so nice not having 17 layers on and feeling like the Michelin man. Bulky gloves take a bit of time getting used to, but bulky is better than frozen!

Now, your season will only be limited by ice and snow. :thumbup:

Tell me about it. On our last ride I had 4 layers and I was still cold.

I figure that it's a good investment in safety and health. I don't particularly want to have the joy of rheumatoid arthritis when I am older.

Besides I am a creature of comfort.:D

Even snow won't stop me know. I gotta get myself a set of full knobbie tires and viola! haha

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

I am hoping that I will get the gear this coming week. Review and pics will follow shortly. I am so excited!

I couldn't agree more, proper gear apparel is a must to fully enjoy riding a motorcycle.

When i first got my motorcycle I was so hard headed that I rode well into end of December with only a proper winter jacket and gloves. My legs were freezing. I was stupid and too cheap so I wore jeans. My legs took a beating and now I am smarter to take care of myself.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

My Widder heated vest, gaunlet gloves and variable controller:

(plugs into the outlet on the left side of the bike, just forward of the left pillion peg assembly)

Click again after the picture is open to enlarge further.

Amigo! Why do you need heated gear? You live in Florida. How are the winters there?

I was in Orlando and St. Augustine beginning of October and weather was pretty good. Even at night, the temperature didn't drop too low. I was so jealous. I live in northern NJ and the temperatures in Fall and Winter aren't too kind.

How does a winter look like in Florida?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Amigo! Why do you need heated gear? You live in Florida. How are the winters there?

I was in Orlando and St. Augustine beginning of October and weather was pretty good. Even at night, the temperature didn't drop too low. I was so jealous. I live in northern NJ and the temperatures in Fall and Winter aren't too kind.

I lived in the Tampa Bay area for about 30 years. You can ride all year round pretty darn comfortably!! You might have to bust out a jacket for a month.:D

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

I lived in the Tampa Bay area for about 30 years. You can ride all year round pretty darn comfortably!! You might have to bust out a jacket for a month.:D

If it wouldn't be for the hurricanes maybe I might have even considered moving there.

At this point, I will take my chances with earthquakes in California, if I ever do manage to move out there.

I can't wait to say goodbye to snowy winter.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If it wouldn't be for the hurricanes maybe I might have even considered moving there.

At this point, I will take my chances with earthquakes in California, if I ever do manage to move out there.

I can't wait to say goodbye to snowy winter.

The hurricanes is one of the big reasons that we left. Hope you can get away from your snowy winters!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

During winter, we'll get an occasional drop into the 20's F. I'll wear my heavy leather coat probably 3-4 months a year. Short of a northern road trip, I'll use the heated gear again, probably 3-4 times a year. 40's is not unusual, add in wind chill when at speed, now your near the lower teens temp wise...

On a road trip coming back from Tennessee, during late fall, it was so cold (mid 30's-not counting wind chill). I was on my 04 FJR (known for excesssive engine heat). We'd stop for fuel, and I'd literally be shivering, just unplugging for that 15 minute stop.. Plug back in, crank her up, while waiting for my riding buddy, I was HOT and had to turn the controller down before I left the parking lot.

Re the hurricanes, yes their a PIA, but you can see them coming days ahead of time and get ready for them. I have two generators and can run everything but the main house A/C unit. I have a portable (on wheels) A/C unit for in the house that works fine with the generator. Also have a window A/C unit in the garage wall just as back up (or should I have to do something and its way too hot during a summer, middle of the day).

I've made one claim since 1985 for damage (Hurricane Charlie that hit Miami) took some soffit out and part of my original (needed replacement anyway) flat patio tar paper... The last couple of years, one close call, but nothing to speak of (knock on wood).

I grew up on Long Island NY, saw feet of snow until we moved (at about 20 years old), and I do NOT MISS the snow and the cold weather. 365 days of riding, no problem. Yes, the roads are pretty flat, but the Smokie Mountains (the Dragon) are 14 hours away. Nothing a road trip can't fix during the summer... :thumbup:

Back to the subject, when I was still working, I rode my 1989, Kawasaki KLR 250 approx 10 years, year round, back and forth to work (75 MPG). I wish I had heated gear then during winter. Leaving at 6:00AM, during the dead of winter, it was friggin cold. The ride home, no problem..

My old FJR, on a road trip in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, Cherohola Parkway as I re-call..

Last edited: