How do Top Gear get away with it?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm watching Top Gear's Top 41 and it got me thinking... how do they get away with what they they do? Like destroying Twickenham's pitch and all the cars with their car rugby stunt?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm watching Top Gear's Top 41 and it got me thinking... how do they get away with what they they do? Like destroying Twickenham's pitch and all the cars with their car rugby stunt?
Pitch was going to be re-laid? Or the Beeb forked out a huge wad?

Good episode though.

Nelly

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand the rugby field and most of their destruction, but what I find strange is when I see them ruin people's days and hit cars just for the sake of a good laugh. The Hovervan episode comes to mind. I have no doubt that they pay or have insurance that pays for the damage they cause, but it's one thing to accidentally destroy property then pay for damages as opposed to going out full well knowing that you will more than likely hit someone's boat/car. At any rate the damage is already done so I might as well get a good laugh out of it.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Hate to break it to you but thats all in the script. They have a huge budget to start with, most car companies know that their cars may be wrecked (free world wide advertising), the fires they start the buildings they ruin are planned. Most of the people that get held up in traffic or inconvenienced somehow are there because they love the show or just curious why all the cameras are there.

I'm sure somethings don't go as planned but they have some very deep pockets.