How did you come up with your login (nickname)?

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
My Fazer is a re-entry bike. I came around a blind corner on a back road on the Kentucky/Tennessee state line and there was a stake bed truck full of saplings a farmer had just cut down. He was in the center of the road, I was in the left of my lane. When he jerked the truck back into his lane, the load shifted and one of the saplings popped out through the side.
It was like a joust, sort of. Only I was on a Katana 750, not a horse. The Can-o'-Tuna was a good enough bike, it just was NOT agile. It's transition could be described as a wallow. It rolled from side to side with all the grace of a pregnant Dachshund. I wasn't going very fast, maybe 40 to 50 on a posted 25 corner, but fast enough to not want to put more lean on the bike.
So I tried to get back up, then lean the other way and cut behind the truck and the sapling. I didn't make it. The sapling hit the mirror then flexed and bounced up into my shoulder. My impact armor kept it from tearing off my arm.
I almost went down. The impact drove me and the bike back toward the road. I caught a peg, which I think kicked me back up although it put me in a two wheel slide. I started riding for real in Alaska on gravel roads where both wheels are sliding pretty much all the time. So I always figured if one of those wheels was sliding the direction I wanted to go I was ahead of the game. Any way, when I got sorted out the truck was gone so I went back home. My arm hurt so I went to the doc a few days later and the x-rays showed a broken arm. Just a little crack, not really a break. So after I fixed the bike I sold it and quit riding. That worked until '12 when I got the itch again. So when I found a cute little Fazer at a good price I jumped on it. All my 'loved' ones were extremely upset. Everyone of them told me I was too old to ride. Ok. If that is the way it is, then that's who I am.:Flip:

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
"Solarservant" has been my handle since 2005 on various sites. Back then I was just cutting my teeth in the solar business and was on the installation end doing hot water systems, PV systems, and wind generators. Rheem had a heat exchanger tank called the SolarServant. I always thought it had a nice ring to it. Has served me well since then...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine derives from a very checkered past. That's all the information I need to indulge. Not bike theft related.

Now we are all intrigued but i respect that you dont want to elaborate

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

SandyN

Reaction score
Visit site
My proper name is Anthonie although I've never been called that. So was my father's and his father's and his father's and his father's. (Yeah, that's about right; 5 in a row).
The problem arose when my mother wrote love letters to my father and because they were addressed to Mr Anthonie ... my grandmother used to open them thinking they were for my grandfather.
Because of the confusion of Anthonies, my grandmother gave me the nickname of either "kaffertjie" (little nigger in American, I suppose) or "mannetjie" (little man) which was unacceptable to my mother so she laid down the law saying that if my hair was blonde I would be known as Sandy, or if it turned out red I would be called Rusty.
The "N" just comes from the first letter of my surname.
SandyN is also my computer username.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Now we are all intrigued but i respect that you dont want to elaborate

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

One day when I write my autobiography. Small town living lol.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow how have I never posted in here. Simple really when broken down .

Bigdog9191999

Bigdog - the brand of shirts I tend to favor being a bigger guy

919 - my first street bike of the time a Honda 919

1999 - the year I graduated.

And the best part is that is almost always available!

The only other two usernames I really go by are simpler

Greenbeater and bigdogwaggy

Both are for 4x4 offroad forums

Greenbeater - was an affectionate name to my first real offroad rig a green 94 jeep xj Cherokee

And bigdogwaggy

Bigdog - see above for clothes

Waggy - in reference to my 68 jeep wagoneer . with one tone axles and a Pontiac 455.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk