how can you tell the diff between S and S2?

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone want to shed some light on this for me, i bought an 07 fz6 California model, so im trying to figure out what hp im around before i consider a power commander 3...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is the difference. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/37562-differences-between-fz6-fz6s-fz6s2.html

I don't know if there was much of a horsepower difference but I know throttling and ECU mapping changed a little. In 07 front end plastics, front fender, instrument cluster, swingarm, and subframe assembly changed. I don't think there were any great horse power changes.

Cali model would have something to do with stricter emissions so it might have an extra hose and a can.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is the difference. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/37562-differences-between-fz6-fz6s-fz6s2.html

I don't know if there was much of a horsepower difference but I know throttling and ECU mapping changed a little. In 07 front end plastics, front fender, instrument cluster, swingarm, and subframe assembly changed. I don't think there were any great horse power changes.

Cali model would have something to do with stricter emissions so it might have an extra hose and a can.
Wot he said + 02 sensor added on 07 model.

Nelly

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

Good info there, Motogiro. I didn't realize the subframe assembly changed on the '07+. Everything else I knew, but I'd never heard that one. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good info there, Motogiro. I didn't realize the subframe assembly changed on the '07+. Everything else I knew, but I'd never heard that one. :thumbup:

The only reason I mention that is the rear passenger peg mounts are different for an 06 to an 07 and I believe they mount to the subframe.

I just checked on Ron Ayer micro fiche and the sub frames are different but they may only be different with respect to how the rear passenger footpeg frame assemblies are mounted the 06 and earlier are welded assemblies and the 07 and later are bolted on. The subframe may be exactly the same other wise.:D

Last edited: