Hot Grips review

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
So back in July my girlfriend got me a set of Hot Grips heated grips for my birthday. I installed them about 2 weeks ago and just wanted to share my thoughts. As far as installation goes, pretty easy. Especially considering I have no wiring or electrical knowledge whatsoever. I have had a chance to try them out in sub 50 degree weather and man what a difference. With my Gerbing heated liner, the only thing that was getting cold before the heated grips were my hands. The heated grips really help a lot paired with a nice set of cold weather gloves.

You will notice a difference between these grips and the stockers (which you pretty much have to slice off). These are larger in diameter and not quite as soft. But if someone asked if they were less comfortable, id say no.

Drawbacks? The tips of my fingers still get a bit cold even with the grips. I guess there is only so much you can do with the cold wind on the front of your hand. I'd imagine this could be remedied by installing the hand guard thingys that you could take off when it gets warm again. If you already own a gerbing heated jacket liner, I might suggest you take a look at the heated gloves before buying the grips only because I think they might work a bit better. Plus they plug right into the jacket.

As for electrical draw goes, I was worried the fiz wouldn't be able to handle the amps, but I've been riding for 2-3 weeks now using the grips and liner without a problem. But for those with other electrical mods, I dont know.

So anyway, If your sick of having to keep the bike in the garage cuz your hands get cold, look into these bad boys. Hope this helped

Ryan
grips001.jpg

grips002.jpg

grips003.jpg

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
What your seeing in the pics is an aluminum housing and handlebar mount that I had made at my work. It houses the variable switch (purchased seperately from them which replaces their standard low/off/hi switch) and an on/off switch (purchased from radio shack). Otherwise I would have had to drill a hole in the plastic to mount that stuff. And the coil wire coming off the left handle bar is for my heated liner.