Horray Spring

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I spent three heavily interrupted hours putting my bike back together! It's all done, there's only a few bolts left over and they're all related to the damned under seat storage case, but it seems secure so I'm okay leaving it as is. Now the good part!

Sitting in my mis-matched(matches the bike though) 2 piece leathers and new A* shoes - sipping coffee around a bunch of bundled up clevelanders - next stop the office. Glad I can finally ride to work again thanks to spring having arrived. Sunny with a high of 50 today is all I need. I may upload a picture on my way out to the parking lot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeeeah... last year, as i was putting the bike away, i've created a TODO list for de-winterization and set the due date 3/15. YEAAH, RIGHT! that happened!
Still waiting for warm weather to work on the bike.
So far I've gotten new springs for the front, fork oil, rizoma signals, new brake line for the rear, and techspec tank protector. If this cold weather continues, I have a feeling, I'll end up with a fully rebuilt and upgraded bike. :spank: People selling Ohlins shocks on this forum do not help! Blah

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
What is this Spring you speak of? :spank:

In Ohio, it's just a slightly less depressing shade of gray. I know weather wise we won't know it's here until late may, so I'm just basing it on the calendar. It's as good of an excuse as any to ride!

And here's the new paintjob!

aznxE32.jpg

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
In Ohio, it's just a slightly less depressing shade of gray. I know weather wise we won't know it's here until late may, so I'm just basing it on the calendar. It's as good of an excuse as any to ride!

And here's the new paintjob!

aznxE32.jpg

Bike looks super dude, I dusted off my ST3 yesterday in the hopes of riding it but the wind chill was just a bit much for this morning's commute up here in New England.
Have fun mate, living vicariously through you guys for now, oh well atleast there is MotoGP this weekend

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks super dude, I dusted off my ST3 yesterday in the hopes of riding it but the wind chill was just a bit much for this morning's commute up here in New England.
Have fun mate, living vicariously through you guys for now, oh well atleast there is MotoGP this weekend

Yep - Daytona 675R was the inspiration for it :)

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought Oh Boy!First full day of spring!,snow is melted to where I can get Felix out of the barn! Got up,looked out the window in the back door and...2 more inches of that damn white stuff! WTF! Will it ever end? What did I do to piss the weather:Flip:gods off this time? Where's my meds? Rich

Last edited:

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you could call it "spring" but it's enough for me. Taking the bike to school today for sure. Lets just hope this isn't a reoccurring phenomenon or maybe global warming will cause us to have only summer then winter :eek:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
What's spring?

I thought Oh Boy!First full day of spring!,snow is melted to where I can get Felix out of the barn! Got up,looked out the window in the back door and...2 more inches of that damn white stuff! WTF! Will it ever end? What did I do to piss the weather:Flip:gods off this time? Where's my meds? Rich

So, you didn't actually give your bike a guys name, did you? I thought all things mechanical were referred to as shes!Blah

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good enough for me! It's 64 today and calling for 71 and Sunny on Saturday. Just my luck my bike is still apart and I still have to flush the brake fluid and change the coolant and replace my horn by the morning! Come on 5:00! :thumbup:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
What's spring?

So, you didn't actually give your bike a guys name, did you? I thought all things mechanical were referred to as shes!Blah

My car is a man - Since all Swedish women's names aren't that appealing I decided to call him Sven - it's fitting for burly, overpowered Volvo.

Bike though - since I ride her - gotta be a woman? Deadly little Miho (from Sin City - the japanese girl from 'Old Town') seemed fitting for something that could kill me.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
My car is a man - Since all Swedish women's names aren't that appealing I decided to call him Sven - it's fitting for burly, overpowered Volvo.

Bike though - since I ride her - gotta be a woman? Deadly little Miho (from Sin City - the japanese girl from 'Old Town') seemed fitting for something that could kill me.

I call mine Battle Cat....from He Man...:Flash:

Which makes me....

battlecatpainting0_full.jpg