Going work with a suit dressed...

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Here is my problem!

Until January I had a job where I worked with the clothes I wanted, so I could use my motorcycle all the time... but now comes the other part.

Since January I work for a company and I need to be dressed with a business suit (except for friday), I bought another car to do my house -> work -> house commute. I only use the motorcycle on friday's because it's the day we can dress up with jeans so I bring all my gear with me and only switch the boots for the shoes that I carry on my bag.

Is there some "magical" way for me to commute to work with a suit that doesn't require to leave the protection gear at home and doesn't put many creases? How do you guys do it? Leaving the suit on the office I can't do that because I don't have a good place to hang it and don't use the same clothes two days in a row.

:confused:

"V"

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear dress clothes to work under my protective gear and then I just leave my gear at my work desk. Not sure how that would work with a suit, but it should be the same. I know I can wear button up shirts and they look ok after taking off gear.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my problem!

Until January I had a job where I worked with the clothes I wanted, so I could use my motorcycle all the time... but now comes the other part.

Since January I work for a company and I need to be dressed with a business suit (except for friday), I bought another car to do my house -> work -> house commute. I only use the motorcycle on friday's because it's the day we can dress up with jeans so I bring all my gear with me and only switch the boots for the shoes that I carry on my bag.

Is there some "magical" way for me to commute to work with a suit that doesn't require to leave the protection gear at home and doesn't put many creases? How do you guys do it? Leaving the suit on the office I can't do that because I don't have a good place to hang it and don't use the same clothes two days in a row.

:confused:

"V"

I saw James Bond take off his wet suit to reveal a perfectly-pressed tuxedo, so there must be SOMETHING you can do ! Blah

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
https://www.aerostich.com/

It might still be a bit hard with a suit jacket though. Do they have anywhere you can at least leave your jacket? Perhaps in the same location folks put their winter jackets?

I have a few textile one-piece over suits, an aerostich and two Olympias. Once you try a onesie oversuit, you'll never go back to two-piece gear. At least that was my case. Fold/roll up your suit jacket nicely and bring it to work in your top case along with your lunch. When you get to work, you can store your onesie in the top case during the day.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks so convenient, as much as I hate how they look, I'm super jealous of the guy who rides to work in an Aerostich everyday. Takes him way less time to get settled than it takes me.

Serzedo

Reaction score
I'll see your suggestions about this, thanks. ;)

For now the only place where I can place the jacket is on my chair...

BTW, I don't have a topcase. :p

UPDATE: The prices on the Aerostich one piece suits are way, way high... that's not a good alternative to me for the moment. :(

"V"

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE: The prices on the Aerostich one piece suits are way, way high... that's not a good alternative to me for the moment. :(

"V"

Aerostitch are expensive (they were the famously expensive brand I couldn't remember, before I had chance to look through the link).

Look at the Spada one, and there are plenty of others in the US (you never see them in the UK) for around $200-300, that I found with a quick Google the other night.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Serzedo

Reaction score
Why not try a 2 piece outfit from Aerostich? I used the Darien jacket and trouser combination for years worked perfectly over any clothes I needed to wear for work.

Well... Aerostich is out of the equation because they are pretty expensive, and at this time I can't afford to spend all that money.

My ideia for now is:
- Take suit trousers dressed with the knee pads under them;
- Go with boots and take my shoes on the backpack, changed them when I arrive my desk;
- Find a good way to carry the jacket, in order not to fold it too much, that way I can go with my leather jacket dressed while I ride the motorcycle.

"V"

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Used Aerostich suits sell for ~250-600 USD on ADVrider all the time, and could very well be the last piece of riding apparel you need to buy for the next 10-20 years.

Teiz Motorsports also makes good quality one-piece over suits. Teizms.com

Olympia, Scorpion, Joe Rocket, Tourmaster, also make onesie over suits.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Buying a top case is your best bet. I would ride with suit pants, dress shirt and tie on with riding pants and jacket on overtop. Then when I got to where i was going laptop bag and suit jacket come out of top case and helmet and riding pants, jacket go in. On really hot days the dress shirt and tie would also go into the topcase until I arrived. The trick is to roll your fancy clothes not fold them.

Serzedo

Reaction score
Buying a top case is your best bet. I would ride with suit pants, dress shirt and tie on with riding pants and jacket on overtop. Then when I got to where i was going laptop bag and suit jacket come out of top case and helmet and riding pants, jacket go in. On really hot days the dress shirt and tie would also go into the topcase until I arrived. The trick is to roll your fancy clothes not fold them.

That would be a good idea... but me and my wife don't like to see the Fazer with the top case, so that isn't an option and it's part of the problem I'm having. But I've figured out for now.

My plan is the same as before:
- Take suit trousers dressed with the knee pads under them, once in the office remove them;
- Go with boots and put my shoes on the backpack, change them when I arrive at my desk;

The suit jacket, I won't carry it to work, it's hot so I don't use it that often.

"V"

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been conducting recruitment centres today at work, so had to get to work a) dressed smartly and b) right in the city centre, so no chance I was going in the car!

All I did was put my smart shoes in my tankbag with my lunch, and wore my two piece textiles over my suit trousers and dress shirt. I removed the thermal liners from both jacket and trousers, but left the waterproof liners in. I simply slid my bike wear off at the office, and changed my shoes.

Obviously my shoes were fine.
The hems of my trousers were slightly creased from where they tucked in to my boots. -Long term solution would probably be a pair of ankle high bike boots.
My pristine white shirt seemed to have a few black tufts on it from my jacket lining. - Long term solution would probably be to choose shirt colours that don't show up fluff as much, and/or, buy a higher quality jacket that doesn't leave fluff.

The problem I can see would be suit jackets, you'd probably be best leaving one at work (like I have done with my shoes ready for tomorrow).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought this was an interesting option in terms of not-as-expensive-as-Aerostich. Olympia Avenger One Piece Mesh Suit - RevZilla
I have one of these, and an aerostich, (and an Olympia Odyssey, and my wife has a Teiz Lombard)
The Olmpia Avenger is a very lightweight summer suit, as it's mostly mesh and flows air very well. It definitely is nowhere near as protective as an Aerostich, I only wear it when it's above 85-90 degrees because of this.
The Olympa Oddysey is heavier duty and more comparable to the Aerostich as an all-weather water-resistant suit, but still not quite as bomb-proof as the Stich. A little harder to get in and out of, but a decent compromise.
The Teiz I'm pretty impressed with some of the features and construction. Seems heavier duty than the Olympias, and has some neat features like thigh vents and a hideaway rain hood. Still not as easy on-off as the Stich and a little less protective, but I would recommend it as a budget all-weather suit.