Horn/Brake light out. Fuse?

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok when I did my pre ride check everything was fine this morning. I tried to use the horn when a squirrel ran in front of me and..nothing. No sound at all. When I returned home I realized my brake light was not functioning. Tail light and a other lights function normally. Both the horn and brake light worked fine this morning. I have a PIAA Sports Horn and I have a VersaLight LED aux plate frame light (tail/brake/signals) fitted in addition to the stock light. I figured for both lights and the horn to go at the same time it must be a fuse. I locate a fuse box under the right side panel and all fuses are fine, and none are marked brake or horn. Is there another fuse box somewhere? Something else I should look at? The horn has been on the bike about a year. The aux LED only about a week and less than 100 miles. I added it to get rid of the fugly relocation of the stock signals after the Givi install.
Bike is an '07 FZ6 S2.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know what the amperage rating of this fuse is but is there a possibility your new horn draws more current than the OEM and took out the fuse? As usual inspect for loose connectors etc.

Last edited:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that pretty well confirms that it is the fuse. Now where on the bike do I find fuse #51? It is not in the fuse box under right side cover. Where are the other fuses?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that pretty well confirms that it is the fuse. Now where on the bike do I find fuse #51? It is not in the fuse box under right side cover. Where are the other fuses?

Did you check under each side panel/pod? I think the manual has referred to both sides of the bike for fuses.

Let me know how you make out. You'll find it! :rockon:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but my horn just went out and there is no voltage on the horn wires so I suspect the fuse. NOT happy to learn that for my last ride I may have had no brake lights once the fuse blew!

Has anyone located the #51 fuse?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but my horn just went out and there is no voltage on the horn wires so I suspect the fuse. NOT happy to learn that for my last ride I may have had no brake lights once the fuse blew!

Has anyone located the #51 fuse?

I know I'm sometime lax about checking lights but it is a good habit to get into.

Right hand side, plastic pod is where the fuse block is. It will be one of the 10 amp fuses. Next question...Why did it blow?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm sometime lax about checking lights but it is a good habit to get into.

Right hand side, plastic pod is where the fuse block is. It will be one of the 10 amp fuses. Next question...Why did it blow?

Well the horn mount for my larger Hella horn broke so I had to fabricate a new mount and when I reconnected the horn I think I connected it backwards and it was apparently not a non-polar horn. Doh! It worked fine before the mount broke since 2008!