Hope I don't have to spend this much again...

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
...for a long while. :BLAA:

Picked up my front wheel from the shop yesterday, I had a new Pilot Road 3 put on, with one of them fancy aluminum right angle valve stems.

Then I decided since my chain is original, with 1k on it, and got left outside all winter, I'd spring for a new chain. Might as well get a pretty, gold X-ring... and a new rear sprocket while I'm at it. Oh, and the shop charges $100 to install a chain :)rolleyes:) so I'll pull the trigger on a nifty new Motion Pro PBR chain tool, since it's cheaper than one chain install! There goes another $250.

Today, I decided to renew my search for R6 forks to swap, and found a pair with calipers and an axle for $200 shipped. Then it dawned on me, I might as well get new pads, since the ones I bought come with "not sure how good they are" pads... and braided front lines, if I'm going to crack open the brakes, I might as well only do it once!

Oh well, there goes almost $1,000 in the span of a week. :spank: Yeesh, I only paid a little more than double that for the bike! Should make for a fun week or two of installing, though.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A set of Pilot Road 3 tyres will cost you about $525 here in Oz, so I'd say you got out cheaply!

LOL

Good to see you got all quality stuff, that'll serve you well you years!

Cheers,
Rick

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
A set of Pilot Road 3 tyres will cost you about $525 here in Oz, so I'd say you got out cheaply!

LOL

Good to see you got all quality stuff, that'll serve you well you years!

Cheers,
Rick

Well, just the front tire and the valve stems got me for $215, plus another $50 to have the tire mounted, and that was carrying them just the rim. I got extra lucky when I bought the PR2 on the back, I got it for $200 mounted. The beauty of owning a streetbike in an area where almost no one else does...

I can't really complain, I bought the bike last May from a guy who didn't seem to know his 4th point of contact from his head (or his head was stuck in his 4th point), and aside from that rear tire, spark plugs, oil changes, and a FAZR6 FE and returning the rear signals to stock, I pretty much haven't touched it. During the season I put 50+ miles a day on it, and it saves me plenty of gas money over driving my truck, so it's all good!

I wish I coulda done this over the winter and not felt rushed, but this winter was a nasty slow season for me. Weather just bad enough to keep me from riding, but no snow to plow. :rolleyes: