Homepage ?

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i always wonder why people use goole over yahoo.. same interface, but with more options right off

I use Google because the page is cleaner, I don't need all that extra stuff around the search bar. The weather doesn't work for this area, I don't use yahoo mail and I get my news from TV. *shrug* To each his/her own! :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nope tv is for cartoons and movies. no news. i dont use yahoo email either. hotmail.. but i hate msn. worst one of them all. yea, i guess its all what you are used to..

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have several (yay mozilla!), and each computer is different.

My work computer is yahoo, the local paper, and 2 of work's internal web sites.

Home computer is yahoo, and my personal blog.

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
Google UK

As already said, the page isn't cluttered with random crap and adverts that link back to trackers that I'm not remotely interested in.

On another note... install PeerGuardian 2 from methlabs.org (freeware btw)... then open yahoo or hotmail and check out all the crap those pages automatically link you to! Very disturbing!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I use google. As homepage, web-mail, search etc. I like their general concept in all aspects: something clean&simple that always works. Just my opinion though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yahoo, only because I use Yahoo mail and calender

Frankly I am very tired of the crap headlines that Yahoo consider "news" on their homepage.

Let's see....today we have...1) Real Stories of "Housewives", 2) Fans up in arms over fighter, 3) Six tips to attact guys, 4) Wrist slap over hoarded mail

Hopefully with ding-dong Jerry Chang stepping down as CEO they will get back on track. I bet he is kicking himself for not selling to MicroSoft now!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I set it to Google on all my computers. Pretty much because it always loads quickly and is nice and simple.

I get my dose of Yahoo when I check my fantasy teams. Which is pretty much daily...

Come on...who has theirs set to the Forum? I know we have to have at least one. J? Rob? :D

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Google because the page is cleaner, I don't need all that extra stuff around the search bar. The weather doesn't work for this area, I don't use yahoo mail and I get my news from TV. *shrug* To each his/her own! :D

This goes for me as well. Google all the way!! I have it on my home machine and work. As for weather, I go to weather.com.

J

jsteinb95

Surprisingly AJ, I do not have mine set to the forum....I probably should though. I was waiting to see how many people have theirs set for the forum.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey J, I like the fact there is actually a motorcycle in your avatar now! Someday it will be an FZ6. ;)

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
att.my.yahoo.com

Its nice because I get general news updates along with F1, MotoGP, and WSB all in one glance. There's a good amount of customization allowed so I rarely have useless crap when I sign on. :thumbup: