Home made saddlebag racks/guards

effzed6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to show off a cool little mod I did before touring down to California from Washington. When I first put on my saddlebags with all the stuff in them, they sat a little too high and sagged in towards the wheel too much. So I made a couple guards out of aluminum that fit the theme of the bike and mount very easily. The have two bends in them and mount by the passenger pegs and the stock bolt near the license plate. Here are some pictures of the guards on the bike:

[

This is my bike all loaded up on the road and you can see how low they hang without any fear of sagging into the wheel:

Also the back-strap is able to fit under the grab bars making passengers feel a little better.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great :thumbup:

IMHO I think it would match the bike better if it was sprayed black, but I guess thats just me, with luggage on it you won't notice it anyway :thumbup:..

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! I did the same for my 6R last year. Now I updated it for a trunk luggage rack and soft saddlebags support. Gotta have those with the soft saddlebags...

effzed6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great :thumbup:

IMHO I think it would match the bike better if it was sprayed black, but I guess thats just me, with luggage on it you won't notice it anyway :thumbup:..

I can't say I disagree with you on the colour, however the FZ-6 is not without it's brushed aluminum accents (radiator trim, pegs, and exhaust) We'll see if a few cans of lightly textured satin spraypaint are in the future.