Holy @#$% This you don't see everyday!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought everyone here might appreciate something I saw on the weekend at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed, went with my Dad to take some photos and support the Laverda racing team (OzLaverda).

My photography skills were tested to their limits (not that thats hard) but I managed to get a few good shots out of about 1500 photos.

Anyway the following rider caught quite a bit of attention for the obvious reason...... If I had remembered to take a hat I would have taken it off for this rider. Instead I just got sunburnt extremely badly.

picture.php

picture.php

Thats devotion for you!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is amazing, but it aint uncommon as you may, or may not think, there are at least 2 guys i know of in SA that ride missing at least a leg, or an arm, or fingers, and toes, etc...and still ride regularly...and at least one of them rides an FZ6, at the track!

It is amazing how strong the deire is to ride from people like this, it is a testament to their determination to do what they enjoy, no matter what!

Cheers for sharing...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, it is quite a humourous choice.
It was obviously quite challenging for him, as he took the corner before this spot/shot too fast and actually ended up on the grass, but kept it upright and got it right back on the track. Was quite the recovery!
He wasn't the slowest person in the race either!!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, it is quite a humourous choice.
It was obviously quite challenging for him, as he took the corner before this spot/shot too fast and actually ended up on the grass, but kept it upright and got it right back on the track. Was quite the recovery!
He wasn't the slowest person in the race either!!!!

I am guessing the determination factor would drive this guy to do better and better lap times....

:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought everyone here might appreciate something I saw on the weekend at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed, went with my Dad to take some photos and support the Laverda racing team (OzLaverda).

My photography skills were tested to their limits (not that thats hard) but I managed to get a few good shots out of about 1500 photos.

Anyway the following rider caught quite a bit of attention for the obvious reason...... If I had remembered to take a hat I would have taken it off for this rider. Instead I just got sunburnt extremely badly.

picture.php

picture.php

Thats devotion for you!
Who is he please?

Nelly

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
His name is Alan Kempster.

Print Page - Dead set Aussie legend Alan Kempster

Special mention in this class to Alan Kempster, who’s Kawasaki ZXR400 has been specially modified to suit his special needs. Missing both his right arm and right leg, Alan operates all the controls on the left hand side of the bike. His top 10 results are remarkable, even before you take into account his recently broken collarbone

Robbie Phillis Stars at Barry Sheene Festival of Speed

A broken Collarbone as well!!! :jawdrop::bow::bow::bow:

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... I'm just speechless...

Show this to Rossi so he could shut up about his shoulder for once...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... I'm just speechless...

Show this to Rossi so he could shut up about his shoulder for once...

LMFAO! Show it to anyone, no matter how hard most of our days are, i bet they arent as challenging as this fella's...and that's even before he starts to think about RACING a bike!

:thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW that's some dedication. What a stud. It sure make you think things are pretty good by just looking around compared to what it could be. Thanks

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a guy here who races an R1 which has been modified for him, it has outriggers at the rear that swing down when he stops to keep the bike upright.

Oaks, the Yamaha logo in your avatar is upside down. :spank: