Hmm that's quick..

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
went out for a little Sunday blast today and spotted a pretty garish looking Blue and yellow sports bike about 5 cars ahead of me,so I overtook them and came up behind it.As I closed in,he waved me past,so I thought he was up for a bit of a play and gunned it (empty road) :thumbup: I went cracking on through the twisty bits and he was right with me the whole time.When we came up to a set of traffic lights,he pulled alongside and said to me,'Christ that things quick,what is it?'
FZ6 I replied.The fella shook his head.
It was a this point I could see that he was on a 4 year old custom painted GSXR 1000.Then as I looked down,I could see the big bore pipe wrapped in exhaust bandage sticking out of a turbo charger :eek: Seeing me looking,he nodded and gave me a thumbs up

Praise indeed.Now I don't know whether our bikes are that good,he wasn't trying or I ought to bloody well calm down when I'm out on the bike :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Give yourself some credit, as in most cases, it's the rider not the bike.

But again, a 600 will handle much better around the twisties than a liter bike.

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Now there was me thinking them GSXR's were quick... hmm and i'v just bought a GSX14 :rolleyes:

Prolly the rider wasn't pushing it hard enough cause them turbo/super-charged GSXR's are meaty..

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Now there was me thinking them GSXR's were quick... hmm and i'v just bought a GSX14 :rolleyes:

Prolly the rider wasn't pushing it hard enough cause them turbo/super-charged GSXR's are meaty..

True.The Holeshot/BigCC ones tend to knock out around 250bhp on quite a low boost.cranked up there are dozens out there with 350+ I didn't see any clues,but the really high powered ones tend to run oversize arms as they are set up for the drags,not throwing around country lanes.

On the straight,no doubt at all,he'd have pulled my pants down,but with that much power,I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty prudent with the throttle flopping it from side to side in the corners ;)

Looking on their website,a turbo for the Gixer thou,will set you back Five and a half thousand pounds as a kit and kicks out 250-450+bhp!
Like I say,the majority end up looking like this.

Picture158.jpg

Not the best weapon of choice,when the road has a few twists and turns :D

Last edited:

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
A guy i work with builds crazy bikes [i just bought from from him]... his last machine [or few] had a super charger fitted/tuned and it did not have such a huge swing arm(?)... guess it all on the builder.

I'll post a few pics of my new bike, once i take delivery [think muscle bikes...]

vj

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
On the straight,no doubt at all,he'd have pulled my pants down,but with that much power,I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty prudent with the throttle flopping it from side to side in the corners ;)

A slightly intelligent monkey will pull away on a 250hp bike on the straights. Who the hell needs a 250hp bike on the street anyways. No one.