His Noobness (My story)

B Rizzle

Reaction score
Visit site
Just dropping my own personal "hello" thread! (Sorry, semi long first post!)

Been lurking here for a while but only recently picked up an FZ as my 4th bike (not at the same time, that'd be the life!) I traded in my 2004 Monster S4R for the FZ + cash. I was looking for a more practical, everyday bike and I think the FZ will fit the bill nicely.

My first ride was my tried and true, trusty SV. Loved that bike!:

SV650S.jpg

After a 70 year old lady decided to hit me and total the SV :shakehead: I picked up a 2006 Ducati Monster S2R. I liked this bike pretty well but soon sold it thinking I was going to get out of riding for a while. :eek:

S2R.jpg

So I sold the S2R at the beginning of Spring. Bad idea because I was like wtf was I thinking? Soon I found my 3rd machine, a 2004 Monster S4R and rode the heck out of it as much as I could.

S4R.jpg

It was one hell of a fun bike, but not a real good commuter bike, or a good trip bike. Small tank, uncomfortable ergos, no hard bag set up unless you get creative, etc. So I traded her to get the FZ as a more practical commuting and trip taking machine. (no pics yet)

So it's like whooooooa big downgrade eh? Eh, not really. No, it's not a literbike and the torque is different to say the least. But the fit and finish on this machine is outstanding and its no slouch either! No it doesnt say 'Ducati' but meh.. It's sort of like I've been there and done that, now I want a machine that I can just ride. Valve adjustment every 6k? :rolleyes: time to replace my clutch? :rolleyes: and cam belts? :rolleyes: I know people will inevitably "upgrade" but I've looked far and wide and have ridden and owned several bikes, none really rolled everything I was looking for together as well as the FZ did.

That said...

First post! Woot! :D :rockon:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: glad you came to the same logical conclusion most of us did:cheer: If you need info, this the place!! Enjoy!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, welcome! Very nice set of bikes you've had. Once you get some miles on you Fizzer, how about a ride review?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
the S4R isn't a bad bike.... but even though the torque is significantly less on the FZ, the horsepower is similar. The S4R was rated at 112hp, where the FZ6 is rated at 98hp. Not too shabby for a 400cc deficit.

oh, and.... :welcome: