Highside Crash video, I think it's a commercial

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
Sucks seeing this FZ go down, I'm not sure what hurt more. It's good to see the positive effect of always wearing safety gear though. I hope none of you Brisbane guy's sacrificed your bike for this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMcFEC4cBA&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Motorcycle Safety - Protective gear in action[/ame]

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow who was the dumbA$$ who volunteered to do that video. It looks too perfect to be just randomly shot. I caught myself cringing as I saw the back end of the bike sliding out on him.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the above poster. This video is way to perfectly shot for the video taker to be in the right place at the right time.

It's most likely a sponsored video to serve as a public safety announcement. I'm sure the rider volunteered for the video and was probably wearing extra armor/ padding under the full riding gear.

From the multiple camera angles, it's pretty obvious this video was staged for effect.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OP, I'm not trying to do a thread jack, but do you mind if we round up some opinions on what went wrong there knowing full well it was likely staged?

Anyone see the rear swing arm twisting and hoping?

Oh - btw, nice find!

Edit: it's like he juiced the front brake for split second causing the endo???? Otherwise he was looking to lowside. Makes me think lots more about which way to go cuz every hs video make me cringe. . .

Last edited:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Edit: it's like he juiced the front brake for split second causing the endo???? Otherwise he was looking to lowside. Makes me think lots more about which way to go cuz every hs video make me cringe. . .

This is how a high side happens. No need to hit the front brake. Speed is lost due to the slide and then the rear wheel stops skidding creating a large torque which then flips the bike down the road around the long axis, much as a boat will flip if turned too suddenly. The slipping rear tire suddenly regains traction while the bike is side-slipping, the motorcycle will straighten-up very quickly.

You can see the rear slipping then hooking up.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
This is how a high side happens. No need to hit the front brake. Speed is lost due to the slide and then the rear wheel stops skidding creating a large torque which then flips the bike down the road around the long axis, much as a boat will flip if turned too suddenly. The slipping rear tire suddenly regains traction while the bike is side-slipping, the motorcycle will straighten-up very quickly.

You can see the rear slipping then hooking up.

That's exactly right. It is a textbook example of a highside crash. He probably initiated it by grabbing too much rear brake and turning a bit. This induced a slide. The rear tire will either keep sliding or start hopping and then suddenly gain traction. It's all over but the crying at this point.