HID kit by D2Moto

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
They claim it is plug and play - did anyone try it?
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/2004-2009-Yamaha-FZ6-Dual-Conversion/dp/B004K0V8WA/ref=sr_1_81?ie=UTF8&qid=1335483997&sr=8-81]Amazon.com: 2004-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Dual HID Conversion Kit: Automotive[/ame]

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a pretty standard HID reflector bulb kit. I have the one from DDM Tuning. Essentially you will plug in HID harness to the socket for your existing headlight to power the ballast then the bulb plugs into the ballast. The toughest part of the installation will be determining where you want to mount the ballasts and securely mounting them. I found that part to be a PITA.

But honestly if you are paying $99 for it, that's too much. I would suggest at least giving DDM tuning a look. All this stuff is manufactured in China it's just that some are more expensive than others.. but it really is the same equipment.

And one other suggestion to you is to give some consideration to color. 8K is going to appear very much blue and will produce less usable light than a 5k or 6k would. My personal preference is 5K which will give a tiny hint of blue but is really pure white

And oh yeah.. if you want a high beam, that costs a little extra.

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
HID projectors are the way to go!! :thumbup:

:BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a pretty standard HID reflector bulb kit. I have the one from DDM Tuning. Essentially you will plug in HID harness to the socket for your existing headlight to power the ballast then the bulb plugs into the ballast. The toughest part of the installation will be determining where you want to mount the ballasts and securely mounting them. I found that part to be a PITA.

But honestly if you are paying $99 for it, that's too much. I would suggest at least giving DDM tuning a look. All this stuff is manufactured in China it's just that some are more expensive than others.. but it really is the same equipment.

And one other suggestion to you is to give some consideration to color. 8K is going to appear very much blue and will produce less usable light than a 5k or 6k would. My personal preference is 5K which will give a tiny hint of blue but is really pure white

And oh yeah.. if you want a high beam, that costs a little extra.

Good to see some meaningful input about the usable range of spectrum. From the drivers perspective in the auto world, I agree 100%. The bike world makes me think a little different (even though I don't ride at night too often) but that nasty blue haze on ONE side just might save your life. But in general I hate the blue look. :thumbdown:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
But in general I hate the blue look. :thumbdown:

I see these guys in entry level cars with those crappy blue whatever the hell they are.... cannot tell if they went HID or sprung for the cheesy $3 ebay painted blue bulbs made in china.. Just hate hate hate the look of it.

Incidentally I joined a LEO forum (just to get educated) and cops hate this too. Some just routinely pull these bozo's over knowing they will probably find other violations.

To each his own. I think the 6K looks pretty good as well. Anything higher and you would be regarded, in my book, as a squid. That's just one man's opinion and the rationale behind my thinking

Peace
FB