Hi all

Rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all , i'm Rick .
Don't have an Fz6 but my friend wants a bike and i'm trying to "sell" her the fz6.
i think it would be a great frist bike, only prob she's 5 feet tall.
she sat on one that was 1 inch lower and it was ok.
Here's the question who makes a lowering kit ( ok i haven't tried the search button yet ...)
and how low can it go ??

thanks for your response and yes i will try the search button.

Rick

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate,
There has been a recent seat lowering thread. Many riders would caution the FZ6 as being a suitable first ride. Especially if thr new rider lacks any experience.
FZ6 weighs 400+lbs. I am a short are at 5'6" and the weight can be a bit tricky. If your friend is confident and has the experience than let her sort out a test ride to see.

Good Luck

Neil

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all , i'm Rick .
Don't have an Fz6 but my friend wants a bike and i'm trying to "sell" her the fz6.
i think it would be a great frist bike, only prob she's 5 feet tall.
she sat on one that was 1 inch lower and it was ok.
Here's the question who makes a lowering kit ( ok i haven't tried the search button yet ...)
and how low can it go ??

thanks for your response and yes i will try the search button.

Rick

1. This is not a great "first" bike! It is a great bike but not first bike.
2. There is a company who makes a lowering kit but I dont remeber the name off hand.
3. If you do want a beginner bike why dont you look at something along the lines of a ninja 250? (lower stock seat height and easier to lower)
4. Also as Neil said being 5' tall this bike will be awfully heavy for her to hold up. My g/f is 5'4" and is an expirienced rider and she will not ride it because of the weight factor (and she can't reach the ground).

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree - it is not a good candidate for a first bike expecially in a shorter person. The Ninja 250/500 are better beginner's bikes and they don't loose much of their values.
Dani