Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re steering Damper...reckon one with seperate, high & low speed damping control might be the go...otherwise the FZ might be a bit of a chore to steer at low speed...my front is set up very stiff, and is a little funny under 40km'/h as it is.

Will be researching while at "work" tonight!

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm probably going to stay the same weight...lol...unless an arm falls off.

They really do need a steering damper and I'll be getting one eventually too.

Oh and Mr. Humpy, did you get my PM?:thumbup::D

Cheers
Mike

LOL , my weight lose is wishful thinking too , as im sitting here eating KFC :spank: , yeah i got your PM and replied and just got another one :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe, I got changed into an old pair of jeans when I got home from the ride, they getting a bit tight around the gut... Almost went out and got on the treadmill :rof:

I'd like to get back to the 82Kgs I was before I started my new position at work... 6 Kgs, and I'll be happy.

:)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re steering Damper...reckon one with seperate, high & low speed damping control might be the go...otherwise the FZ might be a bit of a chore to steer at low speed...my front is set up very stiff, and is a little funny under 40km'/h as it is.

Will be researching while at \"work\" tonight!

You would assume that the one's that come on the fz6 cup bikes would be well sorted....... Now get back to work :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe, I got changed into an old pair of jeans when I got home from the ride, they getting a bit tight around the gut... Almost went out and got on the treadmill :rof:

I'd like to get back to the 82Kgs I was before I started my new position at work... 6 Kgs, and I'll be happy.

Old jean's !!!!! i got home and went straight into a flamin' hot shower and stayed there till i thawed out :D........ 6kg's a week would be a good start for me :thumbup:

Adusanju

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL , i suspect foul play :spank:..... You guy's will do anything to keep him to yourselves :D
HumperD ...going by todays events it seems the SA mob are out to get rid of me ASAP else they wouldn't have left me by myself today :spank::spank::spank::spank:
LOL. Ok here's what happened - when we left the fuel pump this morning I had forgotten to do up my helmet strap which I only realised when we hit the 80k zone.. and I contemplated hmmmmmm stop and save my head & ensure delivery of food to wife and kid or be a dick and keep going; needless to say the first thought won - so I stopped and then tried to catch up - On the long stretches after I could still see you folks about 2 or 3 k's ahead of me but then got stuck behind a bus :mad: and that was the end of it . So I used my GPS to get me the fastest way to VH.
Dave and Mike I did see you when I was near the horse drawn trams thinga...heading to the loo and by the time i walked back you were gone:( ... so I rode back via yankalilla... It was a good ride though, would've been nicer if we'd done it together.

Ok so I'm leaving Adelaide on 15th and my wife and kid will probably leave on 10th which means I could probably squeeze in another ride on the 11th - do let me know if any of you are up for it.

Cheers,
Adrian

Adusanju

Reaction score
Visit site
also I got stung by a bee on the way back - just under my chin & it hurt like crap, luckily I managed to stop and get the sting out without much drama :shakehead:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was a bit grumpy when I realized that we had lost Adrian, although admittedly I did notice till a long way down the road.... With 8 bikes, it's hard to keep track, especially when there is a lot of traffic. Sorry Adrian.:(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was a bit grumpy when I realized that we had lost Adrian, although admittedly I did notice till a long way down the road.... With 8 bikes, it's hard to keep track, especially when there is a lot of traffic. Sorry Adrian.:(

What made it harder was that other group that merged with us. I was looking back from Aldinga onwards...thought I saw a head light just before the radar at Aldinga...obviously wasn't you as it seems you'd turned off at old Noarlunga.

We did wait at Normanville and again at the next turn but no good.

Sorry dude....11th....next Sunday?...sounds doable..lol

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going for a early evening Beach cruise & coffee, then off to the hills for a bit twisty action tonight (Sunday)

Anyone is welcome to join me....if your up for it, i reckon we meet at Macca's on Anzac Highway at 6pm.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really, who woulda guessed... :rof:

RidingSA have a coffee night at Henly Beach tonight, we could drop in and say hello too if we're heading past.

I'm sorry. I won't be able to make it.:eek::(

I'll be stuck at home trimming a toenail:eek:. (It's a big gnarly toenail dudes:Flip:)

Ahh, who am I kidding...LMAO....of course I'll be there.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'd better head out and clean my very dirty and bug spattered bike before "doing the Elsplanade":rockon:. Want my beast looking it's dead sexiest:thumbup:.

Unfortunately time is not on my side for cleaning the bugs off my gear and getting it dry in time so I guess I'll just have to try not to let it.....uh oh.....bug me:eek::ban:.:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes but if we rode up there we'd be cleaning cane toad guts off the bottom of our pipes:eek::Flip::D.

On a weird, just popped into my head aside. How do you go in cane toad season for heading into the twisties. I'd think that squishing a cane toad halfway though a sweet corner would suck a bit.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes but if we rode up there we'd be cleaning cane toad guts off the bottom of our pipes:eek::Flip::D.

On a weird, just popped into my head aside. How do you go in cane toad season for heading into the twisties. I'd think that squishing a cane toad halfway though a sweet corner would suck a bit.

LOL , cane toad season is all year round.... Ive never hit a live one mid corner before so im not sure , i hit a few dead one's yesterday and thats a non event.... Im guessing it wouldnt be as bad as the bunny i whopped mid corner going to work one morning :eek: , that made me take a big bite of the seat :D