Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope its been a good one in SA the wind is shocking here and just started to rain

The wind has been rather fierce here in western Adelaide, and the rain has been heavy one minute, then blue skies the next....

I'm definitely up for a ride! Hopefully next weekend will suit, as it's my first weekend off for a few weeks.

Play it by ear!

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rick did you have any joy with the clutch lever and bracket?...
I didnt evrn uncover the bike it wasso bad here...hoping its ok for the run to wrk tomorow

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rick did you have any joy with the clutch lever and bracket?...

No luck, Ken doesn't have any more..

He did raise the interesting prospect of using R6 or R1 clutch levers/brackets, as he thinks they may be different.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got there at 0945, waited until 1030hrs when Patrick (Buell 900) and Jeremy (Aprilia 1000) (not of these forums) arrived and we all left together.

Sounds really good - I went to a servo and was picked up by two random bike riders.....

LOL!

Jeremy and Patrick took me through a lot of the roads I hadn't seen, before I slowly got left behind. (after they got too far ahead, I lost my 'brake marker' (them!), and being on roads I'd not been on before, I was not too keen on fanging in and over-cooking it!)

All and all, a good ride!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rick you did better than me, digging post holes yest. and a sub floor for the deck today, might get a spin w the missus down the rubbity this arvo.
Any joy w SA wreckers for clutch bits yet, we might need to msg killernoodle and see what options will work with his production schedule

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heading out for a ride tomorrow lunch time, Will be cruising the twisties from about 12....if anyone wants to join?:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heading out for a ride on Sunday (weather permitting), normal drill, kicking off from Crafers BP at 12. Long Ride.....about 175km's, ending up back at Crafers BP...

Pace will be swift but sensible.

Lunch stop at Strath at about 2pm. Ride will finish at about 4.30pm at Crafers...

If your keen, let me know peeps!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is looking ok, so it's off for a ride we go....

Usual suspects at this point....Mikey, Gazza, Myself, probably Matty, and maybe a newish chum, Jason...

Looking forward to seeing how my change of gearing has affected the bike....have gone back to standard gearing on the bike...ever since i lightened the bike by a truckload, and got the motor pulling 98hp at the rear wheel, -2 at the front has seemed a bit hectic...riding the TRX has shown me just how short the gearing on the FZ6 is...

Still running a 520 set up, but now with 16/46, changed from 14/46, and before that, 14/48!!!!! (that last gearing sprocket combo was nuts!).

Anyway, looks like we will be kicking off at about 12.30 now....same kick off, Crafers BP.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heading out again this Thursday at about 12 noon! Meeting point, Crafers BP! All welcome....pretty chilled ride by myself at this point....gentle flip flop up to Lobethal for a Sanga and back.

Heading out on Sunday with a kick off at 12.30pm....same drill, just me at this point, heading up to Lobethal for a quick jaunt....reasonably sensible law abiding pace...All welcome again.....coffee or beer back at my house after!

Come on peeps...get out there amongst it....forget the commute, ride for pleasure!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm (hopefully) in Wolfman!

Just done a 5000km oil/filter change (8 weeks between changes, at around $85 per change!)

So, I gotta ride for pleasure to make the bike pay for itself!

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Nope, just saw it says Sunday - I got excited when I thought it said Saturday! I'm out. (working)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm (hopefully) in Wolfman!

Just done a 5000km oil/filter change (8 weeks between changes, at around $85 per change!)

So, I gotta ride for pleasure to make the bike pay for itself!

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Nope, just saw it says Sunday - I got excited when I thought it said Saturday! I'm out. (working)

Am thinking about heading out this arvo as well now.....it's either that, or go drink beer at the Footy!

Is a bit windy out there, but sunny at least...i can just about hear the roads calling my name!

Tomorrow's ride is looking like there is at least 3 of us already...i am thinking a 2 or 3 lap run of Lobethal road tomorrow....

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leave for work at 0415 tomorrow, so wont be a late one for me - and I have to adjust my chain before we go - but a nice little (moderate) strap around Lobethal sounds nice! (just wish my SMH5 was here, to test!)

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leave for work at 0415 tomorrow, so wont be a late one for me - and I have to adjust my chain before we go - but a nice little (moderate) strap around Lobethal sounds nice! (just wish my SMH5 was here, to test!)

Cheers,
Rick

i was thinking of heading out at about 1.30pm. back at Crafers by about 3.30ish....home by 4.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was thinking of heading out at about 1.30pm. back at Crafers by about 3.30ish....home by 4.

Had a decent ride this arvo. Weather was stunning up in the Hills. Going to head out again tomorrow as planned. Kicking off from Crafers BP at 12.30.

Would love to see some old faces, and maybe a couple of new faces, everyone is welcome.

:rockon:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I sent a message from my phone about 1300 saying life had interjected on my plans agqain - but it mustn't have posted!

I'm working tomorrow, so definitely wont be riding, so enjoy it for me!

Cheers,
Rick