Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

Anyone up for a ride next Monday, the 28th....Figuring a few of you may be on Holidays, and may be able to get out for a sneaky blat, away from family commitments on a monday...

Early start.....8am at Macca's, Darlington.....7.30am if ya wanna eat.

Route, through the Hills to Strathalbyn for a coffee, then back to Adelaide Via the Hills to Birdwood, Tea Tree Gully, etc.

will be done and dusted by midday if we leave at 8am...

:thumbup:

BUMP!

If ya not interested people, the least you could do is post something to that effect.....i am getting a little miffed at the lack of response...of any type...

Where's the love gone folks!

:(

Didn't see this yesterday. I'd be interested, just gotta work out what I'm doing. Got Monday off, but working the rest of the week, so family may have other ideas.

I'll get back to ya :)

:rockon:

Thanks Dave...i appreciate your interest, and hope you can come along...i too have to re-organise a few things...but the Mothers of both my kids owe me a few at the moment...so i should be fine...especially if i have other FZ6's to ride with....

No plans for Monday, so I'm in boys. I'll be at Macca's early, gotta get some of that bacon and eggs in first :thumbup:

Mery Christmas.

Woohoo....awesome, cant wait!

Seems 3 out of 4 times i visit recently the forums are down.

Im in hospital so count me out.

Leg infection.

Youch, that sucks, Christmas in hospital...did that last year...not much fun! Which hospital buddy, and what ward???

Sorry to hear that JayJay,get well soon mate.

Sort of the same reason I cant go,my mum took a bad fall back in Tassie and has spent xmas in hospital with a fractured hip,she is 84 so I don't want to be out of contact at the moment.

Hope your mum gets well soon, hip fractures are not real good at 84....

Thanks mate,spoke to her yesterday and she didn't sound real good,might have to fly down in January I think.

hmmm....thinking of ya Mick, my Mum is sick at the moment as well, and it is very worrying, as she too is in her 80's...

Be positive, these old birds are pretty tough remember!

Hope you're out soon JayJay. Hospitals are horrid places full of sick people:eek:

Oi Mick. I've got an Aunt who fell orf the front railing of the veranda while painting the gutters (about 5 feet) and did the hip thing. The injury was was bad enough but she's a tough old girl. She had more trouble with losing her independence for a while during recovery. Give her plenty of support, and try to keep her spirits up mate.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

You coming on Monday mornings ride mikey? Matty is now coming along as well now!

What's this? A ride in the ride thread:eek:....lol....Next youse'll (love that "word") be staying on topic in the off topic thread....it's a world gone topsy turvy....madness:confused:.:BLAA:

Yup...lol...sure will.:D:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Youch, that sucks, Christmas in hospital...did that last year...not much fun! Which hospital buddy, and what ward???

My fever broke and they kicked me out yesterday. Still sore as F*$K and on meds. Now sitting here in front of pc with leg in air.

Its not all bad having young nurses groping around your crouch feeling the swollen "glands" LOL :BLAA:

Took them 4 and a half hours to admit me but which was not good. Headache, pain and fever of 42.7 laying on teh Emergency Department floor wishing I would passout so the pain would go away.

They think it was cellulitis or some ****. I get this every year since a white tail bit me on my shin 6 years ago.

And just like that...were off topic again.

My fever broke and they kicked me out yesterday. Still sore as F*$K and on meds. Now sitting here in front of pc with leg in air.

Its not all bad having young nurses groping around your crouch feeling the swollen "glands" LOL :BLAA:

Took them 4 and a half hours to admit me but which was not good. Headache, pain and fever of 42.7 laying on teh Emergency Department floor wishing I would passout so the pain would go away.

They think it was cellulitis or some ****. I get this every year since a white tail bit me on my shin 6 years ago.

And just like that...were off topic again.

Just to get further off topic. You're lucky they didn't keep you in 'til the swelling went down.....a big ask with nurses groping round your doodads.:BLAA:

Well, Boys, looks like we are all set to go...Dave (Stumbles), Matty (Silverback), Mikey (Ozzieboy), and myself, are all set to ride at 8am in the morning.

Weather is going to be perfect, forecast maximum of 31c, minimum 16c, light south east breeze, fine, to sunny, to hot! puuuuuuuuurfect!

My bike is all preened, lubed, tensioned, etc, for the morning, helmet, boots & visor cleaned, leathers even got the ol' lanoline treatment...and the best part is i can wear my one piece suit, cause it's gonna be hot!

As for the route, i suppose we will discuss that over Breakfast, but i am thinking, Clarendon, to Meadows, to Strath, To Mount Barker, to Woodside, Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Cudlee Creek, Lobethal, Ashton, Crafers, Eagle on the Hill, Cross Road.....home!

A nice 185km's approximately, lots of twisties, not much straight stuff, mostly good roads.....

And Matt can peel off at Lobethal, and get home in time to get to his Ma's for lunch!!!

In fact, we should all be home by about 12.30 at the latest...including stops for smokes, drinks, and big ar$e hotdogs at Lobethal!

Well, what a beautiful day for a ride. Even better, there wasn't many cars out there either, so made for an enjoyable day.

Thanks for planning the route Jamie, great choice of roads. Now, I'm no speed demon, but that Cudlee Creek road is just awesome... Pity it's so short.

Thanks for an enjoyable morning guys, have to do it again soon.

Well, what a beautiful day for a ride. Even better, there wasn't many cars out there either, so made for an enjoyable day.

Thanks for planning the route Jamie, great choice of roads. Now, I'm no speed demon, but that Cudlee Creek road is just awesome... Pity it's so short.

Thanks for an enjoyable morning guys, have to do it again soon.

Yep, this mornings ride was awesome, think i covered about 198km's by the time i got home....

As for the route, i reckon that's a good one, not too long, great mix of roads, not too much traffic...and yes, Cudlee Creek road is just brilliant...lovely, well designed road, with awesome corners, that go were they are supposed to, and to top it off, the tarmac is in awesome nick!

Was definitely better leaving early too...even though i dont generally like early mornings...but it means you miss a lot of the tourist traffic!

Had an awesome morning...cant wait to see some of Mikey's video!

Missed the ride thread as I have been swimmin fishin and drinkin at Moonta Bay.:D
Have to keep my eyes open to check out the next ride.
Hope everyone had a great chrissy:thumbup:

Missed the ride thread as I have been swimmin fishin and drinkin at Moonta Bay.:D
Have to keep my eyes open to check out the next ride.
Hope everyone had a great chrissy:thumbup:

Well, life sucks for Leo! Lol!

Am thinking that next Monday could be a good day for another ride....most people are still off work, and if we leave early, then we will miss traffic, and hot afternoon sun!

Anyone keen...say 8am at Macca's at Darlington as usual....

Am thinking that next Monday could be a good day for another ride....most people are still off work, and if we leave early, then we will miss traffic, and hot afternoon sun!

Anyone keen...say 8am at Macca's at Darlington as usual....

I'll be working, so am out of this one.
Have fun out there boys :)

Back