Heroic SP-R Pro S Gloves

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on these gloves? :confused: I'm about to pull the triger on them if no objects?:rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuVW9dKP2s]Heroic Racing Apparel SP-R PRO/S Street Glove - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For street use? I've tried those on and talked to Todd for a bit.
These are very high quality full-on racing gloves. They're very stiff and very sturdy. I would absolutely consider these for the track, but for the street.. I'd want something a bit more comfortable.
Certainly does not mean you shouldn't get them, just stating my opinion.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I'm looking for a quality glove that I can wear for 2 or 3 season.

Any ideas?:confused:

When you say seasons, do you mean years or summer/spring?

The ones you posted will easily hold up for 3 years, unless you frequently introduce them to the tarmac or ride 25k miles a year.

Any high quality leather glove *should* last that long.

I have these, but I can't recommend them: Olympia Sports 340 Vented Kevlar Protector Gloves - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

They have internal stitching, which does not work well on long rides. They do last forever though and are otherwise very good.

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks indeed a little overkill IMO.

I bought these 2 years back:
Richa Shock Gloves

I can recommend them (if you can still find them somewhere). Touched ground twice without any serious consequences thanks to the protection on the inner palm. And they are comfortable enough for a whole day riding.

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my Alpine star SP-2's for 4 years and am very happy with them as far as quality goes, I haven't tested out their wear resistance yet and hope not to but I feel confident in their construction. I wear them from Sept/Oct thru Jan and then back in March thru June. I had a chance to check out the Motoport gloves when I was in So Cal last year and they were really nice and the Kevlar material would keep your hands safe. Kevlar Racing Glove | Gloves | Motoport | 105.170

Im sure some of the folks on here have them.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the Motoport Kevlar Racing gloves! even though Wayne the owner said I was the first rider out of ten thousand who bought them to ever wear them out, for most riders It will last a lifetime.

I give it the VR stamp of approval.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the Motoport gloves, but what about padding around the wrist and palm for impact?

I'm down to the Motorport 1st, and now the Held Phantom a far 2nd.

If Vegasrider says the Motorport is ok around the wrist and palm, then I'm in on the kevelar.:rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the Motoport gloves, but what about padding around the wrist and palm for impact?

I'm down to the Motorport 1st, and now the Held Phantom a far 2nd.

If Vegasrider says the Motorport is ok around the wrist and palm, then I'm in on the kevelar.:rockon:

Not sure how much more padding around the wrist and palm that other gloves provide, but the Motoport padding in those areas are minimal. It's the tear and abrasian strength and the basic integrity of the glove so it won't fall apart after years of use or in an actual crash is the important factor. Can you still break your hand, yes. Not aware of any gloves that would have significant padding on the palm, since it would prevent proper hand grip of the handle bars.

Nicest feature of these gloves, you can just throw them in the washing machine and the integrity of the glove will not be compromised.

Only negative would be that they tend to be a bit slippery when you are applying your levers versus using a leather glove.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my second set.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The size on the GP Plus was so bad that I sent them back after the first ride.:(

I now have a pair of Held Phantom on the way.:BLAA::cheer::rockon::thumbup:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-phantom-race-gloves?utm_source=product&kwd=&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CLTA_YWIgLUCFZGPPAodzVMApw