Help

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for making this thread, but since my bike was stolen I have been searching craigslist for me bike or bike parts and got whatt I think is a hit. Can someone upload a pic of their 08 fz6 rim?

Here is the craigslist posting.

Motorcycle rear tire with wheel shinko 180/55/17

Same tire and size as the one I bought. I am pretty sure that's our rim. Thanks!!!!!!

He takes a photo like he doesn't want to show.

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
the picture is kind of oddly taken unfortunately i do think the r6 rims and fz6 rims are the same so it might be that it is legit. Do you remember or can you find the receipt from your last set of tires?

quick google search gave me this pic, thats our rim

RearWheelClean.jpg

I know the swing arms are different so that would be another thing to look for, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough in that picture.. also it looks like there is the mount for the side exhaust which the 03 R6 would have.

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The rim in his looks like the it is from a GEN 1 FZ1 or something in that similar year range (3-Spoke as compared to the FZ6 5-Spoke). Definitely Not an FZ6 Wheel.

Sorry to hear about the bike; some people, it's infuriating.

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this guy may be legit - seems to be the number for "Arkansas Cycle World" - on second thought - that's just a dudes house. But now you know his name/address and stuff.

Rick Morphew
217 Nickels
Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901
(501) 282-9888

Edit:
Swingarm (the tiny glint of squared off silver I see) looks like an 04/05 S1, if it is an FZ6.

Edit 2:
Looking through this guys extensive ebay listings - he just sells a ton of rusty parts off of wrecked bikes. I've seen some more stuff from that year R6 but nothing that would have come from an FZ yet - still looking but I think that is from the R6 as stated - he's got an R6 front wheel with the stock? BT014 on it listed too, as well as some R6 throttle bodies.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely looks like an FZ6 to me.

And I see what your are saying about the pics look to be purposely not showing any of the rest of the bike.

That is definitely an FZ6 swingarm unless the older R6 had the same swingarm?

I'd play dumb and ask if I can come look at the wheel and tire...and if you get lucky and it's still on the bike...memorize the last 4 digits of your VIN before you go!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to clarify some more: Definitely not an fz6 Wheel (3-Spoke not 5-Spoke). I would suspect he is lying about the year, more likely this:

1127516107.jpg

Check out the swingarm, exhaust hanger, and wheel.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate I everyone. I got more pics from him. It's not, mine didn't even say yamaha.

Thanks for the info tho... Guess il never know.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
In my experience people who steal things tend to live or go by the place often. They probably live within 15 miles of your place. Definitely keep an eye out around your area. Craigslist idea is great too.

Hope you find your bike!

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
At my old apartment complex I had the bike parked under the carport locked to a post with a cable lock. One night I came home after work at 2am, found the cover halfway off, the cable hacksawed through and the geniuses cut the sheathing to get into the headlight/indicator wires. I'm still not sure how they expected to release the steering lock or hotwire it through that bundle. Lol. I parked it in my friend's garage the rest of the fall. I'm just glad they didn't get pissed and knock it over. :thumbup:

I wanted to put a sign on it saying "This bike might look like a million bucks, but it is certainly not worth it."

Last edited: