help with turn signals

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
okay let me catch u up to speed... i want to install the aftermarket signals that came with my 2 bro exhaust... i have the signals and the connector that hooks into the factory harness for the front. I know i am going from 3 wires to 2 wires and i know im losing running amber lights... i dont want them.. so i plugged them in and they dont work and when plugged in they make my rear signals a solid amber and signals do not work... does this make sense? and if so can some one help me with this dilemma? thanks for anyhelp

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you have a short. The wires are probably wired incorrectly in the connector. Double check the wires of the signals you want to install and compare them to the stock signals.

-Nick-

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
ya i checked that too... i even plugged the stock ones back in and everything was ok... i connected the white stripped wires together and the solid black ones together and thats when the rear turned solid and stayed on and front gave me nothing......

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Try this:
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture797-new-wire-locations.jpg

S

sportrider

if the signals aren't blinking you probably have a problem with the flasher,unless you have the wires incorrectly connected. I'm assumeing your talking about the front signals (hence the three wire) you may have the wire hooked to the marker light lead instead of blinker/ground

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks guys... i will give it a go and let u know... sportrider you have been a big help today :thumbup: ... today was bike mod day for me... ill get pics when i get these dern lights up and going