Help with MS Access... PLEASE...

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey... sorry everyone I know this is completely unrelated, but Im desperate and its for a good cause...
Before you give my answer (dont be a cheap bastard just hire a consultant)... This is for a DV shelter for the disabled, not to elicit sympathy just letting you know they are broke.

If anyone knows MS Access and relational databases Im having a problem...

So I tell you what Im trying to do and what Ive done...
Trying...
1 table with all individual content "Client Info"
3 Tables with Different Variables that can be applied to the clients... These also can be some or all values applied to each client These are all Yes/No values
1 Table with another variable but only value for each client

I set up an Entry form pulling from all 5 tables
The list boxes populate and can be used from the form
The Text boxes also no problem
The Check boxes linked to the "Yes/No" values will not function from the entry form, but if I manipulate the values from the tables they will adjust in the form

I have the 3 tables set to "1 to many" relationships
The 1 table set to "1 to 1" Relationship

What I need...
So Im trying to set up a database that will allow me to enter new clients into the system, there are a few variables that are 1 value per client. THere are 3 variables that are 1 or many values per client.

Question... Am I going about this the right way? Do any of you know why the checkboxes (they are bound) aren't working? Any Solutions? Again I apologize for this on an MC site, but Im desperate if anyone can help you can take comfort in the fact that many very deserving people will benefit...

Cheers Dave

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any experience with MS Access, but I just looked at what I have in MS Office and I have Access on my office PC. I have worked with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL and SQLite) so I might be able to help you out.

But just tell me what you have done so far in detail so I can replicate it here and then try and figure out your problem. Also, a little more detail than "Different Variables" and "Another Variable" will be much appreciated. If you don't want to give out exact names for the variables, that is fine, just give me some similar examples. This will help me in figuring out what kind of relationships you will need between your tables.

-Manas.

Disclaimer: I will charge you a consultants fee for this. :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
hey Dave, I have some Access knowledge, but I am not sure what your question is... you got an entry form with check boxes, and when you check one of them it doesn't automatically update the tables, is that your problem? I assume you're using VBA in the background?
If you don't mind sending me the .db file I can take a look :) (would pm you my email)