Help with kickstand malfunction!!!!!

S

sportrider

glad you got it working!!! you could probably reconnect the kickstand switch.
how did the contacts look when you pulled the switch apart?

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on making this a service bulletin...

"Engine Cutting Out? Look to Your Kickstand!"

Make it a sticky and include instructions on how to jump the wires until a new switch can be had, with a disclaimer to avoid getting sued, of course...

Darn dirty laywers.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on making this a service bulletin...

"Engine Cutting Out? Look to Your Kickstand!"

Make it a sticky and include instructions on how to jump the wires until a new switch can be had, with a disclaimer to avoid getting sued, of course...

Darn dirty laywers.

:D But it wasn't the kickstand dude... it's the kill switch people are having fail.

The key factor is this: When you have this cutting-out issue, and you turn the key on with the kill switch in the RUN position, you *should* hear the fuel pump priming whether the kickstand is up or down. If you do not and you're sure the switch is on RUN, then the switch is likely bad and needs to be either replaced immediately or bypassed.

If Danny is willing to put up photos and detailed instructions, we should sticky this. This is a very dangerous malfunction for any bike.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess this means I will refrain from using my kill switch since it's prone to malfunction. I've only used it 3 or 4 times with 2-3 times inadvertently in the garage while the bike wasn't even running. Or, is this a weather related problem? I'm reiticent to leave/ride my bike in the rain but sometimes there's no choice.

gills

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to this discussion I am no longer stranded in the Nevada desert. I was cruising through the middle of no-where on my 2005 FZ6 when all of the sudden my engine shut off on the interstate. At first I thought it was the kickstand, but after that did not help I searched and found this discussion. I took the kill switch apart and used a butt splice to bypass it. I am now back on the road, and not worried about being stranded in hot desert.