help wierd vibration

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I just removed my centerstand and flipped my washers on the rearsets and now I'm getting a new, strong vibration through the bars, pegs and seat. I already read everything thread on vibration I could find but this is new and very recent so I can't see how it would be an existing issue. At first I thought I got some bad gas so I drained the tank and ran some fuel injector cleaner which didn't help so I'm kinda lost. Does the centerstand act as some sort of spanner/stabilizer for the frame since it bolts in on both sides? If so I won't worry about it, but right now I'm concerned that something's wrong and I don't wanna *$&% my bike up lol. Just for background I have cat eliminator, two bros, k&n air filter, -1 +2 520 conversion, power commander. Haven't re-synced my throttle bodies yet, but again I only had crappy idle before, whereas now its all through the powerband. help!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the vibration only at certain RPM's, or everywhere?

I don't see how removing the centerstand could affect anything. Many people have done it and haven't had any issues. I still have mine so I can't really comment on that.

As for the rear sets, if you do anything with those then it would make sense that you'd get vibration through them, since the rubber washers/spacers are essentially shock absorbers.

Bad gas can cause an engine to run bad. A couple days ago I filled up and my bike started running terrible, and I believe it to be caused by water in the gas.

Vibration on a bike like ours is almost always caused by resonant frequency vibrations and turbulence. Both can be caused by the throttlebodies being out of sync for example.

What I would do is resync your throttle bodies, and put a little bit of Iso-Heet in the tank.

Hope this can help you at all.