HELP/turn indicators/wiring.

gordy

Reaction score
Visit site
hey peeps,HELP!please..have purchased flat mount led,s & stemmed pair/with re-lays,2 leads,black&yellow..prob im having is,when i removed 1st front indicator,found i have nowhere to put metal bayonets on leads(yell&bl),as the bike has plastic block with 2 wires going in & out other side!as im no sparky,could someone please help..have looked around site,found mods,but no help with wiring..many thanks in advance..gordy:(

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
If I understand you correcltly, all you have to do is cut the connector off the turn signal that you took out. Cut the metal bayonnets off of your new ones and use butt splice connectors and heat shrink tubing to connect the wires then just plug it in. Also the front connectors have 3 wires one is for the running lamps, you shouldnt need them I didnt hook them up when I changed mine. LED are specific on + or - if you hook them up backwards they wolnt work.

gordy

Reaction score
Visit site
hi..many thanks for your reply,sounds simple,its just having the confidense to do it!ill probably attempt it next week end,when i have more time,cheers.gordy

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
hi..many thanks for your reply,sounds simple,its just having the confidense to do it!ill probably attempt it next week end,when i have more time,cheers.gordy

Hey Gordy. Where abouts in Portsmouth you living? I'm in Southampton.

If you don't want to have to cut and solder the existing indicator connectors, you can buy these and just plug the 3rd party indicator leads into them and plug the other end into the bike. There are pics of how I did it in my website link below. Just click on "Fazer Mods" and then "Flush Mount indicators" on my site.

Andy