• Penguin Pastry

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
kinda wanna look into the advertisement as well. Remember when people type in bakery and find a nice site that has a ton of local bakers it will read
Adams bakery
Bakery madness
Cake works
Donut Surprise
Everything cakes
For the love of Cakes
Gone Bakin'
Harpers Bakery.

Now obviously i just made all those up, but by naming yoru bakery so low in the alphabet it leaves room for alot of people to be seen before yours. Not that this is an "end all" But just keep that in the back of your mind. Remember, when you become established, people will remember your name anyway.

You also have to think of what kind of audience your shooting for... Kids? lot of cartoon birthday cakes? College croud? Middle age? Elderly? Alot of the name depends on that. If you are going for the kid audience. something like "The Cookie Castle" would be cool. But not so much for adults or college. But the 20+ might like something like "Sugar High" or "Cravings". Now when you get to the 50+ crowd, thats not as appealing. Something like "A Bite of Heaven" is more appealing.

Remember too.. you want your name to be something that will represent your online store, and your storefront. So thinking ahead is always a good idea lol. "Sugar High" isnt the best name for a kids birthday cake store. But what kid wouldnt throw a temper tantrum when the parents drive by "THE COOKIE CASTLE"

:BLAA: Good luck!!

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I was the only one who liked the Penguin Pastry idea, but then I'm a linux fan so I thought about the computer and not the bird.:BLAA:

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i agree with jason (yamahamaxrpm) he gave you some valuable insight before considering the name. Search engine optimisation is important in online catering, the further up the list the more chances of being spotted.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I have to dredge this thread up again.... What did you decide for the name or did I miss it? :confused: :rockon: :thumbup:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
So, I have to dredge this thread up again.... What did you decide for the name or did I miss it? :confused: :rockon: :thumbup:

I went with my first choice "Harper's Bakery," I am in the process of getting my website together and hopefully will have it up by the end of the month. The address will be, http:www.harpersbakery.net

logo1.jpg

this is what I've come up with for my logo so far

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it Brian! It keeps it personal and simple! Can't wait to come down and try out your goodies or order some! :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember to offer items so that you can ship to forum members. Maybe like cookies in the shape of a motorcycle, or would that be too much of a challenge?

Chocolate chips, and oatmeal cookies are my favorite.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Remember to offer items so that you can ship to forum members. Maybe like cookies in the shape of a motorcycle, or would that be too much of a challenge?

Chocolate chips, and oatmeal cookies are my favorite.

that's the next step, I'm gonna order or make a motorcycle shape cookie cutter. Maybe I'll bring you some samples when I come out to Vegas the end of September for my Baking Expo

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
awesome name and nice logo :thumbup:
Looking forward to ordering pastries - my sister lives in Boston, so I come up there every once in a while.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Brian, if you want any help with the website, PM me and I'll get you in touch with my friend we called Sunday. BTW, on my ride home, I passed an old milk truck in the next town to me, just sitting in the yard/woods waiting for your logo to get painted on it.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with my first choice "Harper's Bakery," I am in the process of getting my website together and hopefully will have it up by the end of the month. The address will be, http:www.harpers-bakery.net

logo1.jpg

this is what I've come up with for my logo so far

Nice, I personally liked "Sweet Obsession" but that could be because I am a girl.... Harper's Bakery has the added benefit of becoming just "Harper's" and as well know, when a store/restaurant/bakery gets a nickname, it has made it!

As an aside, my brother is a graphic designer who has a diverse background in marketing and advertising...if you are interested in further exploring different marketing tools or looking at other logo ideas, let me know, I will send you his info. He is very fairly priced and loves to work with new companies.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to expand your demographics, you should also offer some bakery items for pet owners. I bet a lot of your customers who happen to be pet owners would go on a guilt trip buying something for them, without something for their dog.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I voted Oven Lovin, cos it made me LOL.
Well done on your bakery business.
You know what you should definately do: Piroghi
Boiled pasties. I eat them all time. A Polish/Ukrainian delicassy. Yum!
I think they're quite popular in the USA. Nobody has really heard of them here in the UK, but I love them and make them when i have time. Those and Poffertjes (little Dutch pancake treats)