Help me get Rev'it gear from Europe?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am requesting a favor from my forum friends who live across the pond. I am looking to purchase the new Rev;it Tarmac Air Mesh Jacket in the color BLUE, size medium.

This color is not available here in North America, and purchasing online directly from a vendor from Europe is not an option, as it will never clear customs due to trade laws. I have already spoken to Rev'it USA in New York and this is my only option, beside going to Europe myself, which I am considering. I have already tried Canada, same situation as the USA, no blue.

Rev'it is the 2nd most popular brand in Europe, so finding the jacket and size should not be a problem. Whoever is interested in helping me to purchase this jacket, please send me a PM and we can arrange payment and shipping information. It must be shipped back to the states labled as "Gift", maybe with all the tags removed. I'm sure prices will vary depending on currency and where it ships from.

Thanks,

Kenny

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yes, but in Blue. Any vendors here in North America who offers it in the color blue is incorrect. Everyone must place the order through Rev'it USA and they do not import the color blue. They cannot even take special orders, consider the color blue outlawed here in North Amercia.

Each year, when a new design is offered, all the dealers get together with Rev'it USA and decide what to carry as far as what product and color to carry here in the states. Once they decide, that is it. They cannot import anything but what they have chosen, including color. Silly isn't it.

Why didn't they pick blue? From what I have been told. The color blue is the least popular color. All the vendors say that this is the color that they always get stuck with, that is the reason why blue is not offered. Plus, there are so many variations in blue, that it's diificult to pick which color blue.

There are certain brand and trade agreements between countries. Certain brands or product must be purchased within the country in which a person lives. Going outside their country will violate any agreements, usually to save money. This is why we have Customs. I can purchase this jacket at dealer cost for $123 USD. But it will now cost me a few hundered dollars more since I have to purchase it under the Europeon market. Technically, this is illegal, I should be purchasing it from a US dealer. But they don't carry it in Blue, so what am I suppose to do?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a dutch brand, so should be fairly easy to find here. I don't know how the postal system works here otherwise I'd try and help

bjorn240

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to London for a week on from Sunday to Friday. If you can find a UK dealer who can ship it to my hotel in London for delivery on or before next Thursday 4/14, I can hand carry it back to the US for you and ship it from my place in NY. I assume you'll reimburse me for the shipping from NY to LV.

Hit me via PM if this is what you want to do.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone,

I actually am going to try going through one of our pilots from work first. He's from the UK and his brother still lives in the UK. So he is going to see if his brother can pick one up for me and then get it shipped back to the states. He's also a rider too so he should be familiar with the brand and know where to go and pick one up.

If this fails, I will PM to those who have offered to help.

This is truly a global community!:thumbup:

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to London for a week on from Sunday to Friday. If you can find a UK dealer who can ship it to my hotel in London for delivery on or before next Thursday 4/14, I can hand carry it back to the US for you and ship it from my place in NY. I assume you'll reimburse me for the shipping from NY to LV.

Hit me via PM if this is what you want to do.

If the dealer can't deliver to the hotel, you could always get it delivered to mine, and I can take it to the hotel where bjorn is staying. Shoot me a pm, if thats an option.
Cheers