Help. Can't locate fuse

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I may be wrong as I have not personally checked but it seems that I've read somewhere that there are fuses under each side cover. You may find it behind the other side cover. Beyond that you've got me curious!!! good luck:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you had checked the left pod. It looks like the manual is pointing to a fuse box on the left side of the bike. probably under the left pod/panel. See attached PDF item #5. should be a box with a cover containing a number of fuses.
If I still had my FZ6 I would run out and look but I can do that tonight when I go to my friends house tonight to put the wheels back on his FZ6.

Also do you know why the fuse would blow? Fuses fail because something is wrong, like a short or over current. It's very very rare that they are defective. I know you put a different horn on the bike. Does it draw more current? When you replace the fuse it may blow again because you haven't corrected the problem that caused it to blow in the first place. If you've installed a horn that requires a relay but you are just running it off the original circuit, it could be why there's a problem.

I'll PM you some contact info and maybe I can help you through this.....

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the fuse that runs my Brake light and tail light. It doesn't run the horn though. Did you check this one?

4jktw7.jpg

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
I blew my brake light fuse when I was fitting an extra LED brake light. The fuse was in the right hand side tail pod labelled "back up". It totally threw me cos I thought it was a spare, bad translation from Japanese I guess...

I think it's the one ant mb is pointing to above, but, my tail light was still running, just no brake light.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I added the extra LED brake light a week ago and less than 100 miles. The horn was installed more than a year ago and some where around 12K miles ago. I'm guessing that the horn put it to the edge, but was fine by itself. Then the added draw of the brake light put it over and pop. My tail light works fine and all the fuses in the little box all seem fine. I even swapped the one marked "back-up" on your recommendation even though it looked ok. No dice. Motogiro put up a wiring diagram that shows the horn and brakelight on the same fuse. Could it be a fusable link? I have looked under both side covers, but I will check again.
thanks guys

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I added the extra LED brake light a week ago and less than 100 miles. The horn was installed more than a year ago and some where around 12K miles ago. I'm guessing that the horn put it to the edge, but was fine by itself. Then the added draw of the brake light put it over and pop. My tail light works fine and all the fuses in the little box all seem fine. I even swapped the one marked "back-up" on your recommendation even though it looked ok. No dice. Motogiro put up a wiring diagram that shows the horn and brakelight on the same fuse. Could it be a fusable link? I have looked under both side covers, but I will check again.
thanks guys

Did you check the little fuse that is by itself outside of the bigger box?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this on the other thread but want to do it again so that those that didn't get to see it can. The horn and brake light are on this fuse. See the yellow note.:D

It looks like there are 3 other fuses next to it but the schematic doesn't necessarily mean they are in the same physical location but it might be.

Last edited:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro, thanks for your help. I printed a copy of your diagram and will stop by the Yamaha dealer tomorrow and see if they can show me the physical location of that fuse.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro, thanks for your help. I printed a copy of your diagram and will stop by the Yamaha dealer tomorrow and see if they can show me the physical location of that fuse.

You're welcome!
Hey! One more thing.
Did you check that #2 fuse in the that fuse panel? It's called The Signaling System Fuse. I would assume by it's name that it's the flasher/directional fuse. Do you have flashers? Of course this may not be a blown fuse it may be an open wire or something unplugged. Have you looked under the seat etc.???

Here's one more picture and ID for the fuses at the fuse block.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
The main fuse is on top of the battery. If it was blown, the bike would not work at all. So that's not your problem.

You've checked all the fuses, and they are all good. Move on to looking for other problems. In this case, the two items that don't work are the two items that you added yourself. So it's time for you to go back and take a really good look at your own work.

Fred

Last edited:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, problem solved. It was the signal fuse. It looked fine, but I went through and replaced the fuses one by one and when I replaced it, it started working. I also tracked down what caused the fuse to go. When I added the brake light, I ad one of the wires to close to the muffler and it melt the insulation and shorted the wire. Wire replaced and relocated.
Thanks for all the help.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, problem solved. It was the signal fuse. It looked fine, but I went through and replaced the fuses one by one and when I replaced it, it started working. I also tracked down what caused the fuse to go. When I added the brake light, I ad one of the wires to close to the muffler and it melt the insulation and shorted the wire. Wire replaced and relocated.
Thanks for all the help.

Man! That's great! Hahaha! You did it! :rockon:
You still have a headlight out....:spank: