HELP! Bike stumbles and stalls at low RPM's, strong gas smell

Oli-Fz6

Loud pipes save lifes!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I need some help plz..

I've installed a Leovince exhaust with the cat elemination pipe a few weeks ago. Since then the bike is popping/back firing on deceleration. Once the engine is hot, it stumbles and stalls at low RPM's. It's running warmer than normal as well! I've took the plugs out yesterday and they looked wet with a strong gas smell. When I'm riding the bike the gas smell is also very stong.

What can I do to fix this.

Thanks a lot!

Oli-Fz6

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Because you're bike is an 04 it could be the TPS or Throttle Postion Sensor. They were recalled on the 05's

Another possibility and I had this experience with my bike. I was messing with the settings looking at codes on the computer and some how got something out of wack. The bike sputtered and finally would not start. I reset the computer by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery. Leave it completely disconnected for at least five minutes. I personally use a jumper across the positive and negative terminals to be sure it's totally discharged. That's with the negative terminal disconnected from the battery!

Hook it back up and let it warm up and go for a ride.

You've created a big opening at the back of your bike by eliminating the CAT and lower restricted exhaust so the computer may have to be reset. Could be that simple. Please give it a try and PM me with the results.
Cliff

Oli-Fz6

Loud pipes save lifes!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your help! I'll definitely try this and I will keep you posted asap.

Thanks again.

Oli