Helmets and rain

bluebird

Reaction score
Visit site
My Icon helmet leaks water in the rain. That completely hindered my vision today in the rain. Any of you have better experiences with your helmet ?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know where the leak came from? It seems like most helmets should be pretty water tight with the visor closed.

My HJC CL-SP leaks on the inside of the visor if I leave it cracked open. The only cure for me is to leave my visor completely closed, but then I have a fogging problem.

bluebird

Reaction score
Visit site
Leak is in the middle portion of the top of the visor. small gap. Someone told me it may be adjustable. I'll have to check on that in the a.m .

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
The only cure for me is to leave my visor completely closed, but then I have a fogging problem.

Add a Foggy breath guard and you can leave the visor down all the time. Fogging is eliminated, if installed correctly (which is simple).

Respro Foggy motorcycle helmet mask - SuperBike magazine UK for motorbike reviews, motorcycle clothing and accessories tests, used motorbike reviews plus bike wallpaper

To the OP - some helmets have some adjustment screws for the shield alignment and make sure there is no damage to the seal around the helmet that mates with the visor... hope it's an easy fix for you.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
My old HJC used to leak in the evil top vents. Spray from the road would somehow pool and get in. Nice shower though. New Shoei is perfect in even a torrential downpour. I can even crack it for fogging and I get no problem with leakage.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Nolan N101 visor would sometimes leak in heavy rain, I replaced the rubber gasket on the helmet which formed the seal around the visor (free from my dealer) and my problems were solved.
I later heard from a mate that he always treats his gasket with a special lubricant which helps stop it drying out, and so forming a better waterproof seal.

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Spot on. No leaks on mine either. And a pinlock insert stops fogging in all weathers.

actually i had mine get condensation inside (didn't fog up mind) the other night when it was freezing cold out. Was probably a lack of ventilation though.

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
HJC CS R1 - can't say I've noticed actual un accounted for helmet leakage, but really not paying it a great deal of attention when niagra falls is roaring down my collar... :D

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
cant say my hjc fs-10 has let anything leak in while riding in the rain. It also wont let much leak out when you let it hang on the rear peg with the visor up in the strongest thunderstorm of the summer :facepalm:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
i never experienced a leak with my rf 1000... this is why as much as people wanna talk all this nonsense about how they dont buy into the brand name gimmick and whatever, some brands do manufacture good stuff consistently and it is for you to choose which one you like after you get past the clutter of crap..