Helmet Question

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Looking for a new helmet and would LOVE to get the Shark RSR V+ but it is a tad pricey (Although I did see a couple for $399 but did not have my size :( )

Where would be the best place to buy a helmet I do have a 20% off voucher for 5 Star Yamaha. Was thinking maybe a different Shark helmet or AGV as the price of the middle of range models seem to be ok.

Any one had any experience with Icon helmets ?

Just really not sure which helmet to go for due to the budget ($500 at the most)

Thanks

Russell

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Shark RSF, brilliant helmet.
Last year, I got a new helmet, an AGV Ti Tech. Worst piece of crap I've ever had the dis-pleasure to put on my head. The fit is comfortable, but the wind noise is horrific. I ride 30 mins each way to work and back, and have to wear ear-plugs or my ears suffer the rest of the night.

I would highly recommend the Shark, I will be getting another shortly. Only other helmet I've had was a Shoei, great helmet, but they get a bit pricey.

:rockon:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i have an agv stealth, its fairly comfortable although it does not have decent ear pockets and is not extremely loud, i have an intermediate oval head and it fits very good. it is also a 5 star sharp rating. i agree that the ti tech is not the best helmet out there but other helmets in the agv range are worth a look especially the gp tech (its fairly pricey but you ll surely find one for the 500 you are budgeting). that said im willing to get a shark rsr2 for myself sometime this year i hope. every review i read claim its fantastic in every aspect, comfort, shell construction, safety

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful with prices from Perth dealers - they are probably 20% higher than everyone else to begin with. If you find the helmet and fit you like, search the net - Helmet Warehouse in Sydney, Bikebiz etc. They can all have good deals :thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replys all, never knew so much difference between the same maker, and that is one thing you cannot test when trying on helmets is the wind noise.

Will keep an eye out online for a good deal on a helmet, never heard of helmet house in sydney so will be googling that next :)

Edit : Kazza do you have a link for Helmet House in Sydney? I can only find the one from Vic Park

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use , recommend & swear by AGV Stealth....... They are a little noisey (not excessive like the Ti Tech) but they are ultra comfortable, suffer NO buffeting, lightweight, great vision, 5 star Sharp rating & wont cost you an arm & a leg :thumbup:... Love my AGV :D

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link Ozfazer :) Still really want that Shark <sigh>

Will check that site out and see what they have to offer :)

Looks like AGV is the way to go, nice designs and do not cost too much!

Hmmm those Icon helmets look quite nice as well, however no chance of trying one on before buying, but they look so pretty !!

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, hate to throw a spanner in your helmet works, but just for an alternative consideration - I am absolutely in love with my Vemar VTXE - italian made (owned by Ducati?). Dovi wore their helmets last year in the MotoGP.

Weighs less than 1.5kgs, very quiet on the highway - liner is removable and washable, in fact you can take the whole helmet apart to clean it and very easy to put back together.

All for the princely sum of $350.

Brisbane motorcycles is my local dealer for Vemar, I believe it's a Sydney bunch to import them...

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh thanks for that, never heard of them ! Going to google them now and see what they are like :)

Thanks again !

Edit : Googled them and have even found a dealer in Perth !!! (Its Fraisers so it could be pricey <sigh>) Will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say, helmets look awesome :)

Last edited:

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a new helmet.
from the Helmetwarehouse...

ITs a HJC SPL - 15 (I think...)

1cd05de8.jpg

Helmetwarehouse had it for $479 (99) with free visor. stock was in QLD. took 24 hours to arrive... smooth...

this is me wearing it.. (Well not the one I bought, this is me trying it on at MCA's but it didnt come with FREE! visor)

7ab77417.jpg

yes, its a Ben Spies Replica. as basically, hes the most exciting thing to happen to two wheeled racing (bar Lorenzo) in recent years.
Plus his names Ben....

BEST HELMET I HAVE EVER OWNED (out of 2 lol)
Is soooo much lighter, quiter (tho I ALWAYS wear ear plugs, being deaf is uncool, plus I concentrate more as I go into this cacoon of muffeled concentration), looks cool..

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Vemar sponser Dovizioso in MotoGP

they used to, this year its suomy.

i had a jiano once (vemar flip front) the liner and the flip up part fell apart after less than a year's use the liner ripped off and the flip part didnt stay up, so vemar for me are banned. i find it hard to find parts for their helmets as well, maybe its a different story in your country.

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for more replys, I am still looking at Sharks but noticed HJC has a carbon fibre helmet out not as well ..... The HJC looks great (I have one of them ATM but it is pretty crappy and helmets have advanced quite a bit since I bought mine)