Helmet Question

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that, they look nice but I don't think we can use those helmets over here .. Have to have a Australian standards sticker on it or something ....

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
There are some great deals out there right now on last year's Arai and Shoei helmets all over the internet. I just ordered a Shoei RF-1000 "Strife" a couple of hours ago. $299 US. Super comfortable - at least on my head.

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after looking some more and reading about other helmets it seems that I keep getting my mind changed just read the RSR is very noisy <sigh> Maybe I should just go back to HJC ... They do have a nice looking carbon fibre one ;P

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well after looking some more and reading about other helmets it seems that I keep getting my mind changed just read the RSR is very noisy <sigh> Maybe I should just go back to HJC ... They do have a nice looking carbon fibre one ;P
Try Cully's Yamaha - just for the large variety of helmets they have. At least you can try a lot on there. Or go to the Causeway and see all the bike shops there.

Good luck!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman has the Carbon Fibre HJC, in fact, it's his second one. The first protected his head in a crash at a track day, and he was so impressed by it, he got another one.
They look sweet too.

Hmm, I found a pic of the damaged one...

View attachment 28411

:rockon:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh wicked at least that is one helmet I know that has been fully tested !!

Looks awesome as well :) Will go check them out for sure. Will go into Vic Park on Friday and have a nosey around :)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, you need to find the helmets locally and try them on, then find the best price online and order them, or get a local place to match them.
Personally I don't really like ordering a helmet online cause I find the postal service pathetic at the best of times, and really don't trust it to arrive in pristine condition (internally even if it looks fine otherwise).

I got my shoei from the helmet warehouse in sydney, was very pricey but worth it.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Helmet Warehouse in Sydney use a courier service - delivered to my house on a Saturday morning :thumbup:

Extremely happy with them - price was fantastic too. Perth bike shops wouldn't/couldn't match it - Saved $150

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the cheapest I can find the helmet online is $499 but it is a large size so thats a no go otherwise its $799 :/ Bleh. Hopefully will find a better price in the next few days.

Also rang up the bike shop and asked the price of them and they said $699 but to get one you have to buy one so they can order it in and hope it fits and if not they will reorder another one !