Helmet help?

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Closeouts

Motorcycle closeouts have those in stock WITH the transitional lens which I feel is a must. The lens is the best thing since sliced bread. Beside at the price of the combo the lens is basically free

I feel the Panic Zone is more feminine so take that however you want and I like the skull on the top.
I like the shattered but prefer the rolands sands but its not a combo option, so I'd probably take the prior over the RSD because of that.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
More importantly, how does the Bell helmet fit your head? Not all manufacturers are made for everyone.

I looked very hard, and tryed on a lot of helmets, and the RS1 fit great. :cheer: My head is right in between the med and large in the RS1. The med. is very tight, but in time I'm sure it would be ok. The lg. is tight, and would all so take some time to fit.:rockon:

It came down to the Quest, RF-1100, and the RS1. The price is right on the RS1.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Closeouts

Motorcycle closeouts have those in stock WITH the transitional lens which I feel is a must. The lens is the best thing since sliced bread. Beside at the price of the combo the lens is basically free

I feel the Panic Zone is more feminine so take that however you want and I like the skull on the top.
I like the shattered but prefer the rolands sands but its not a combo option, so I'd probably take the prior over the RSD because of that.

What a deal.:cheer:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i would stay away from dark helmets. i feel like color wont help you in the winter, but can hurt you in the summer, if that makes sense. and i like my head to stay as cool as possible in the summer. i vote silver or white for any helmet. i was planning on buying one of those cream Panic Zones but couldnt find one in my size. its a really nice helmet i think, as long as it fits. if you're torn between sizes:

Put one on and wear it around the shop while looking at other stuff, if they have a shop fan in the maintenance area, go stand in front of that. do this with each size and see which is quieter and which one starts to hurt/get annoying faster. I would start with the larger one first.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i would stay away from dark helmets. i feel like color wont help you in the winter, but can hurt you in the summer, if that makes sense. and i like my head to stay as cool as possible in the summer. i vote silver or white for any helmet. .

Exactly, most riders begin to complain when it begins to get really hot. It doesn't help when you have a black helmet, in addition if your jacket is black too.

I always mentioned in class, just because you ride a Black Ninja doesn't mean you have to dress like one. Wear some other colors besides black, become more visible!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly, most riders begin to complain when it begins to get really hot. It doesn't help when you have a black helmet, in addition if your jacket is black too.

I always mentioned in class, just because you ride a Black Ninja doesn't mean you have to dress like one. Wear some other colors besides black, become more visible!

I uses my white Shoei for the Texas 115f summers.:thumbup:

CavDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy replaced his EXO-1000 (with flip down shield, etc) with the RS-1 Shattered after a wreck and almost went back to the EXO-1000 when they went on sale last year (only had the RS-1 for 6 months/5,000 miles).

Just throwing out that anecdote out there for your consideration! He doesn't have the transition lens though, so that might be a game changer.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy replaced his EXO-1000 (with flip down shield, etc) with the RS-1 Shattered after a wreck and almost went back to the EXO-1000 when they went on sale last year (only had the RS-1 for 6 months/5,000 miles).

Just throwing out that anecdote out there for your consideration! He doesn't have the transition lens though, so that might be a game changer.

I hate my EXO 1000. its loud and uncomfortable for me.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll bump an old-ish thread here... I've been eyeing an RS-1 to replace my EXO-1000 (is that just a natural progression or something?) and the closeouts on them have me drooling.

I tried a couple on at the cycle shows this winter, and thought it felt very high quality and quite comfortable. Who's had one a while, and how do you like it? Thoughts on sizing? I'm about perfect in my large EXO, but my head measures 57cm and I generally wear (or wore, anyway) a 7-1/4 cap, putting me solidly in Bell medium territory. I shoulda wrote it down, I'm thinking I tried on a medium and liked the fit, but I can't recall for sure and NO ONE near me seems to sell Bell.

I'll be happy to ditch the EXO, it's not uncomfortable, but it definitely is loud as hell, and heavy, and built like crap.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll bump an old-ish thread here... I've been eyeing an RS-1 to replace my EXO-1000 (is that just a natural progression or something?) and the closeouts on them have me drooling.

I tried a couple on at the cycle shows this winter, and thought it felt very high quality and quite comfortable. Who's had one a while, and how do you like it? Thoughts on sizing? I'm about perfect in my large EXO, but my head measures 57cm and I generally wear (or wore, anyway) a 7-1/4 cap, putting me solidly in Bell medium territory. I shoulda wrote it down, I'm thinking I tried on a medium and liked the fit, but I can't recall for sure and NO ONE near me seems to sell Bell.

I'll be happy to ditch the EXO, it's not uncomfortable, but it definitely is loud as hell, and heavy, and built like crap.

My RS-1 is a very nice lid. It's very stable at high speeds, and when you turn your head to check your rear, the air flow is very calm. I would put the RS-1 on par with the RF-1100, and little better than the Quest.

PS. The shield puts it over the top.:thumbup:

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site

I can understand those points, I just love my internal visor way too much to toss my exo500. But then again ever since I put on the mirrored shield I rarely use the internal sun visor unless I'm riding directly into the sun

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I can understand those points, I just love my internal visor way too much to toss my exo500. But then again ever since I put on the mirrored shield I rarely use the internal sun visor unless I'm riding directly into the sun

I just wear my shades still. I even put the darker one in, and it's still not dark enough, and doesn't get close enough to the bridge of my nose. I'll still wear shades if I get the photochromatic shield, too, it'll just be that much nicer when I'm headed into the sun.