Hell's Angels....

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Take a look at the Angels "work" in Montreal for the last 10-15 years. I doubt if you would get a kind word about them from too many people.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
the 1%er gangs do charity work in public and do their dirty work in private.
So they're no different to anyone else then really, are they. The Hells Angels are a society made up of many different types of people, some want to traffic drugs, some do endless charity work, most just want to sit and have a beer with their mates and enjoy their bikes, just like you. The one connecting element is: They all just want to be left alone to get on with it.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hell's angels are still second to one gang...

it is the BIGGEST gang and it is an international conglomerate of gangs as well, but each local chapter still outstrips any gang anywhere.

which gang is this?

Your local police force.

:)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do the toy runs make up for the drug runs?

Just like corporations and government, the 1%er gangs do charity work in public and do their dirty work in private.

"Awww...teddy bears and bunny rabbits...they are such nice boys."

Canada17

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in BC there is a significant police effort to diminish if not extinguish the Hells Angels. My guess is that they will go quiet for a bit then come right back. I have always been told that they guys you see on the bikes in full leathers are the lower level members and that if you are looking for the high level members, suits are the uniform of choice. There are some very influential people who are Hells angels who you would never suspect, and they don't nessesarily touch any of the criminal activites directly, it is a VERY deep and complex, cellular organization. As individuals most are nice enough.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have anything to add to this thread, but it certainly was educational for me.
I've had some contact, through my old band, with the local motorcycle "clubs", ABATE and BACA, and for the most part they're decent organizations, but also have their seedier side.

Just like every other org, I guess....

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Yeah those ABATE folk are just a bunch of trouble makers. LOL LOL LOL

H

HavBlue

They are not the good guys. Not at all.

I figure they're no worse than the government agent that comes in and says "we're here to help you." They have a nice boutique in Corona California called House of Flames. There's a sign in the window that says," We do not call 911."

H

HavBlue

Have a look at what the government are doing about bikie gangs here.
Tough new laws for SA bikie gangs - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

More laws aren't the answer and to be frank these guys have got to be naive.
The police forces have investigators that are crying because they can't figure out why one member of the organization won't turn on the other which is the usual case with a 3 piece patch group. Ya gotta work guys and catch them at it as opposed to expecting them to turn on themselves. Bikies, that's cute...

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I read Hunter Thompson's expose on the HA long ago. Being the deep investigative reporter he was, he lived with them a year in the 60s. He painted them as kind of a rag-tag assortment living for the day. They coined the term "mamma" as in an attractive woman: "I want to make a mamma out of her" ie get her pregnant.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Sonny Barger's autobiography is an interesting read, even if you disagree with what the Angels do there will be big passages you'll find yourself relating to as a biker, especially if you're a more experienced rider and have come up against the 'all bikers are smelly, evil scum' stereotype a few times.