Hello There...

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got a 2007 FZ6 just yesterday, and holy crap.

This is the first street bike I've ever owned, but I can already tell I need look no further for a great bike.

This thing handles like a dream, and has great power in almost any situation.
Not bad for a detuned R6 motor!

I do find it a bit clunky if you don't wind it out, and of course, I am following the break-in instructions but varying the RPMs up to 7K, with a little power here and there. When I get on it, it shifts a lot better, and doesn't need to have any compensation from the throttle as much.

After 600mi, I'm going to just go up to 8400 but no further, until 8-900mi. What else could need "polishing" after all of those hours of running?

This bike is exacty what I was looking for: light and tight; strong and nimble.

Glad to see some like-minded folks out there, too.

Well, I got a 2007 FZ6 just yesterday, and holy crap.

This is the first street bike I've ever owned, but I can already tell I need look no further for a great bike.

This thing handles like a dream, and has great power in almost any situation.
Not bad for a detuned R6 motor!

I do find it a bit clunky if you don't wind it out, and of course, I am following the break-in instructions but varying the RPMs up to 7K, with a little power here and there. When I get on it, it shifts a lot better, and doesn't need to have any compensation from the throttle as much.

After 600mi, I'm going to just go up to 8400 but no further, until 8-900mi. What else could need "polishing" after all of those hours of running?

This bike is exacty what I was looking for: light and tight; strong and nimble.

Glad to see some like-minded folks out there, too.

The nanual deosn't say you can't rev beyond 7000... it says no "prolonged" operation above 7000rpm... I redlined mine right out of the dealership... don't be afraid to rev it now and then to redline...

Welcome Mate,

I was always to impatient to run the bikes (I have owned) in according to the manual.
I would run it but, do meticulous oil and filter changes.

Nelly

Welcome to the forum Scott! Good choice with the FZ6, post some pics when you get a chance. Have you done, or plan on doing any mods? If you need any ideas we have a plenty!

Ride safe!

:Sport:

LOL I may post a pic later, but it's merely a stock 07 FZ6 in blue.

a friend of mine mentoned removing the catalytic converter and reflectors, but I'll just keep it stock.

I can't see changing anything; it runs SO well as it was designed. I have been opening it up a little bit, only going above 7000RPM four times so far. I try to vary my revs, but it just plain likes to cruise at around 4500-6000RPM.

A handful of dudes have said, "Oh, you got a crotch rocket."
But a big fuel tank does not a crotch rocket make.
;)

I tell them to sit on it, and they all said, "Wow. I could ride something like this all day. This is comfortable. Sport-touring?"

LOL
I forgot my wallet yesterday morning and had to drive back from work w/o getting gas... The reserve odometer was on, and I have to admit, I was scared of running out of fuel. I guess I'm used to dirt bikes, but I was able to make it 24 miles on reserve.

So I can safely do that from now on. hahaha

I plan no mods at all for this bike. Just good maintenance and lots of drive time. It is my commuter, after all.
Nice to have it when you need it though!

Back